cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with setup wizard

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am busy adding E2E to our Solution Manager 7 SP15. I installed a SMD agent and am trying to run the Setup Wizard in the Managed systems part of the SMD Diagnostics setup.

I always get the error in the E2E RFC part. It tries to log on to the ABAP part with the SMD_RFC user. This fails because the password is wrong. I am trying to find where the password is stored for this. When I run the wizard, it does not ask me for it, so it must be stored somewhere. All the other steps work.

I have checked Diagnostics Setup -> Advanced Setup -> Abap connectivity, but it is correct there. Further more, if I change the user here the error above still occur with the SMD_RFC user. So apparently it will not get the user/password from there.

I have also checked the JCo destinations. These all work. The JCo connections (webdynpro) of course not, since the wrong password was used.

I can change the password of the SMD_RFC user of course, but that will not solve the problem. It will still use the wrong password.

Anybody an idea where this is stored so I can change it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of managed system you want to setup ABAP or JAVA? If this is an ABAP system then its normally use the Read RFC destination from the managed system. If you go to SMSY and check the system settings for your ABAP especially the READ RFC destination the you can go to trx sm59 and verify the user which one will be used for this RFC destination. Try to log-on via the button "Remote Logon" then you will see what's wrong with your RFC destination.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

<sigh> I'm also getting this error. Extremely frustrating! Does anyone have the solution this this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ditto for me as well...How do I configure who the AdmUser is for this connection test (the Rfc_user SMD_RFC is correct)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SMD -> Diagnostics Setup -> Diagnostics System -> Advanced Setup -> ABAP Connectivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion. As I have written in the original message, that does work and is not the user that is used.

jacek_klasa2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Did you manage to solve that? I'm getting the same error. SMD_RFC password is correct; WEBADMIN JCoRFC destination is started, and Connection Monitoring is active, but Self Monitoring setup fails with "Name or password is incorrect" error.

Regards

Jacek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I've got exactly the same error. Could you please advise of what the solution was?

Documentation for this solution is not very clear and there lots of different documents to do the same thing!

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the user/password for ABAP parameters you provide during managed system setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunatly this is an older system not installed by me. There is no report of the installation, so I cannot check that. Besides, it should be possible to change the passwords. So, where is the wizard getting the user and password from and how can I change that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when u go to managed system wizard setup on the left side u will see java/abap parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct, and these are ignored during the setup. If I change the user there, the connection is still built up with the SMD_RFC user. The users you fill in there are probably used to create and change everything but are not used as users for the connections.