Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Problem with setup wizard

I am busy adding E2E to our Solution Manager 7 SP15. I installed a SMD agent and am trying to run the Setup Wizard in the Managed systems part of the SMD Diagnostics setup.

I always get the error in the E2E RFC part. It tries to log on to the ABAP part with the SMD_RFC user. This fails because the password is wrong. I am trying to find where the password is stored for this. When I run the wizard, it does not ask me for it, so it must be stored somewhere. All the other steps work.

I have checked Diagnostics Setup -> Advanced Setup -> Abap connectivity, but it is correct there. Further more, if I change the user here the error above still occur with the SMD_RFC user. So apparently it will not get the user/password from there.

I have also checked the JCo destinations. These all work. The JCo connections (webdynpro) of course not, since the wrong password was used.

I can change the password of the SMD_RFC user of course, but that will not solve the problem. It will still use the wrong password.

Anybody an idea where this is stored so I can change it?

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question