cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Basic Authentication - How to create a limited user access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a lots of scenarios that use XI´s WebService for integration. For the 3rd party systems be able to use the WebServices, they need an authentication in Web Application Server.

The question is: How can I create a user with LIMITED access to ONLY ONE Webservice in XI ?

For example, I want a user called webservice1 that can access only http://myserver:50100/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:SERVICE:SOAP_Sender_CC.

I don´t wanna use HTTPS because the 3rd party systems are very limited and they don´t have HTTPS support.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In sender agreement you have a tab called "Assigned users". Enter only the user ids you want here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

I put the user in Business System SYSTEM_TEST - in Assigned Users tab, and in the Sender Agreement - in Assigned Users tab also, but I´m having the following error when I test it:

<SAP:Stack>No authorization available for processing messages on Integration Server (ACL at sender service): User/Party/Service PISUPER//SYSTEM_TEST </SAP:Stack>

The user is assigned to the role SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you ensure you have added the User id(created in xi) under both business system and comm channel?

Check for spaces or try the userid with the upper case alone. It seems the user id you are testing is not found in the list you have added.

Regards

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

In communication channel or in Receiver Agreement ? I didn´t do anything in Communication Channel. I added only in business system and in receiver agreement.

I have tested many times in lower case, upper case. There´s no space also. I have refreshed the cache also.

Thanks

Edited by: Vitor Zaninotto on Sep 25, 2008 4:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

My bad. It is not in communication channels. It is only in Collaboration Agreement.

>>In communication channel or in Receiver Agreement ?

Is your receiver webservice here? If so you enter the userid maintained for that webservice in the webservice.

The user id you add to the ACL in Business sytem/collaboration agreement is the id that you create in XI system (SU01)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have up the user in the Send Agreement. My SOAP Adapter Communication Chanel is configured there.

I´m using the correct user in webservice authentication. Its the same I created in SU01.

Without those authentication configurations (when All users can use the webservice), I can log in with this user. But when I restrict by doing the configurations, it doesn´t work.

I just made a test by restricting the service for another user and the error message is different.

When I log with a different user than the configured one, the error is:

java.security.AccessControlException: USER has no permission for accessing party service :SYSTEM_TEST...

When I log with the configured user authentication, the error is:

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: XIServer:NO_EXEC_PERMISSION:....

Seems there´s still some missing configuration.

Thanks

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii..

Configured user authentication - user id should be maintained in SU01 with the role SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The user already has that role.

Thanks

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Assign User to a Service

2. Assign User to a Sender Agreement

cross verify these settings is as per SAP std :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/b1/f29e7a56e18a439984a3c6630951d2/frameset.htm

You can refer SAP Note 852237.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think its a bug. I found a note that seems to correct this.

Note 1254602 - ACL: NO_EXEC_PERMISSION even though user is maintained

I will test it.

Thanks