cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message in Subcontracting challan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Here i am facing problem in processing Subcontracting challan. As per clients organisationsl structure we have two company codes and one plant for each company Code.

As per excise registration, here two Subcontracting series groups are maintained. Number range maintained for the object - J_1i57FC for two series group is same.

The number range is - 0000020001 to 0000029999.

While day to day processing of subcontracting challan, challans are created with same number for two different series group. For example challan number 20001 is posted, Fully Reconcilled and completed for series group - 44.

But again the challan number 20001 is created for series group 64 as per number range assigned to series group 64.

When i am trying to refer the challan 20001 for different company and series group in Goods receipt, it issuing the message - Challan quantity has been fully reconcilled.

If i will check status of subcontracting challan 20001 for series group 64, it shows status posted only.

Please guide me, whether we cant assign the same number range for two different series groups or there is any mistake in Challan processing or any note is available on the issue.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran,

Please select the subcontracting challan while reconciliation by clicking F4 & selecting proper challan no.

The possibility for your error could be that system is picking the subcontracting challan no serially .

Try by selecting & not by manually putting challan no.

Regards,

Satpal

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks satpal,

I will check the processing.

But i am getting the message at the time of goods receipt, subcontracting challan reference. And also i want to know that,

whether we can assign same number range to different Subcontracting series groups.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satpal,

After selecting subcontracting challans through drop up list also, it issues the message - Challan document does not exist.

Thanks in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.,

You can assign same number range to different Subcontracting series groups.

The reference for creating number range is series group..The purpose of series group is for creating different number ranges for outgoing excise invoices.

Therefore u can create as many as different number ranges as u wish.

But remember that while creating subcontracting challan in J1IF01 ,u have to give proper series group.

If u want different account postings for different series groups,then assign one more subtransaction type & assign proper accounts for it.

Regards,

Satpal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Satpal for your helpful Answer.

Series group assigned to Subcontracting challan is correct. Challans are created correctly for different series groups with same number range. Then also its not working

regards,

Kiran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Here i am facing problem in processing Subcontracting challan. As per clients organisationsl structure we have two company codes and one plant for each company Code.

As per excise registration, here two Subcontracting series groups are maintained. Number range maintained for the object - J_1i57FC for two series group is same.

The number range is - 0000020001 to 0000029999.

While day to day processing of subcontracting challan, challans are created with same number for two different series group. For example challan number 20001 is posted, Fully Reconcilled and completed for series group - 44.

But again the challan number 20001 is created for series group 64 as per number range assigned to series group 64.

When i am trying to refer the challan 20001 for different company and series group in Goods receipt, it issuing the message - Challan quantity has been fully reconcilled.

If i will check status of subcontracting challan 20001 for series group 64, it shows status posted only.

Please guide me, whether we cant assign the same number range for two different series groups or there is any mistake in Challan processing or any note is available on the issue.

Thanks in advance