cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Report created and executed on workstation, and we used Publication Wizard to upload to Crystal Server. Running report from server gives Unable to Connect error.

There are previous reports on server that are active. This new report was created on new workstation with new ODBC System DSN. I suspect this is the root of my problem.

Can I find out what the older reports use for connection? Or can I get guidance as to the what is required (match the server) or settings for new reports. Does the ODBC configuration need the Enterprise Administrator login?

Thanks for help,

SS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the problem by moving the reports to a server folder, openning them in Crystal Reports and doing the preview. This required me to reconnect with the server ODBC. Save the reports, and then running the Publishing Wizard.

Thanks,

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the DSN on the workstation also exist on the server?

A Query Builder query similar to the one below should give you what you need (data source information for your reports)

select SI_NAME, SI_PROCESSINGINFO.SI_LOGON_INFO FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_INSTANCE = 0 AND SI_KIND = 'CrystalReport'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuel,

You need to have an identical odbc (system dsn) connection on your server. Compare the connection you used on your client for the report with the odbc connections on your server and make sure that the one you used for your report is identical.

Regards,

Tim