cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble transferring planned orders from R/3 to APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently we are generating planned orders in R/3 via the MPS planning runs, which we would like to send to APO-DP for use in the S&OP process. We are able to pass Preqs and POs to APO using the CIF, but unable to transfer planned orders.

Material master settings are as follows:

Material '123' at Plant 'A'

MRP Type = M2

Procurement Type = F

Special Procurement key = source from plant 'B'

All materials and plant locations have been sent to APO via a seperate integration model. I have also configured the Global SNP Settings to "Allow transfer from SAP R/3 for all planned orders".

Any suggestions as to how this issue can be resolved would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

Do you have PPM/PDS transfered in APO as well or created manually in APO...What does the log says in

SLG1

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

I have not transferred/created a PDS for this material as we are only using DP functionality in APO currently. Do I need to create a PDS for an externally procured FG in order for it to come to APO?

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need PDS but do you have PPM in place,again this was required if you were using SNP

Also since you are using DP only you would need to have Key Figure Mapped for iPlanned Orders in DP planning area and have data loaded fronm Info cube to Planning area...

Thukral

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thukral,

I have not created a PDS or PPM, as we are not currently using SNP. Instead, we are attempting to pass the planned orders to APO and then copy the orders to a time-series key figure using the /SAPAPO/LCOUT transaction. This is working for Preqs and POs, but not planned orders.

Do we need to create a PDS/PPM to do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Planned Orders cannot be CIFed without PPM/PDS....as it depends on othe objects like PPM and Resource.

Thanks

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that is helpful to know.

The current planning process is as follows:

- Generate planned orders in the MPS planning run in R/3

- Convert planned orders to Preqs w/in a 4-6 month horizon

- Convert Preqs to POs w/in vendor-specific lead times.

Do you know of a way I could create a generic PDS in R/3 and pass it to APO in order to CIF the planned orders to APO? Or would the planned orders need to be created in APO for this process to work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it a part of your Business plan to send Planned orders to APO..because finally you are converting those Planned orders to Pur.Reqs and then to POs..If that is the case why cannot you convert the Planned Orders to Pur.Reqs in R/3 itself and then CIF them to APO. And also Conversion of Planned order to Pur Req cannot be done in APO..it is done only in R/3..

Further Info on transfering the Planned orders to APO

You need an active integration model for planned orders if you want to transfer planned orders from SAP R/3 to SAP APO. If you do not make any additional settings, SAP APO always creates planned orders for the Production Planning/Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) application, irrespective of whether planned orders exist in the SNP production horizon. PP/DS planned orders that lie outside of the SNP production horizon (that is, in the SNP planning horizon) are fixed and cannot be changed in Supply Network Planning (SNP). However, they are taken into account by planning as fixed receipts.

For the activation of integration models for planned orders, you can set that SAP APO creates SNP planned orders for SAP R/3 planned orders that lie outside of the SNP production horizon. The following prerequisites must be met to enable an SAP R/3 planned order to be created as an SNP planned order:

·The planned order does not previously exist in SAP APO

· MRP procedure X (without planning, with BOM explosion) is assigned to the header material of the planned order in SAP R/3

· The availability date of the header material lies outside the SNP production horizon

· This is neither a planned order of the type VP (forecast) nor a planned order for project stock or sales order stock

· The SNP production horizon is maintained on the SNP 2 tab page in the product master (transaction /SAPAPO/MAT1).

Former Member
0 Kudos

The planned orders are converted to Preqs in R/3, as per the business process. Essentially all of the planning is performed in R/3.

The reason we need to transfer these orders to DP is so that the S&OP planning book provides users with visibility with a breakdown of supply elements (i.e. planned orders, Preqs and POs).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

SOP planning book uses SNP planning area...you would not be able to have Supply plans like Planned Orders or Preq's..for S&OP planning...unless you maintain PPM's...

Your organisation may want to explore using SAP Composite application specifically designed for Sales and Operations Planning.The details of application is as below :

http://www.sap.com/usa/solutions/manufacturing/newsevents/press.epx?pressid=7267

Thukral

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not too sure on how you are trying to use DP S&OP Process..we implement S&OP and we do have separate planning for DP and SNP exclusively for S&OP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to genarate Planned orders in R/3..the reason I am asking is that the Procurement type should be either "E(In house Production) or either "X"(both In house and external procurement)."F" is for only external procurement