cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Portal iView (Retrieve user; Append text to URL; Redirect to URL)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I wish to create a custom Portal iView. I wish to fulfill the following requirements using this iView:

1) I wish to retrieve the Portal User ID of the user who is currently login in Portal. (Will the IUser class solve the purpose? I know IUser is used in Web Dynpro application.)

2) I wish to append this User ID to another URL (a URL of some other non-SAP application). The URL is something like this:

http://<ABC>/user=

3) Both the above tasks have to be performed in the same iView. And then the iView should automatically be redirected to the new URL (generated in step 2).

I wish to do this without using Web Dynpro. Can someone please help me for this requirement? I would appreciate even if someone knows the solution to only one of the three steps above, and replies to my question.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

as far as i know...you wouldnt be able to do that without coding...so either use webdynpro or jsp or develop a portal component which enables the same.

thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GLM,

You need not just think, you can be sure of this that it cannot be done without coding

I never said I want to do this without coding. Infact that is what I am looking for. By the way, I am developing a portal component for this.

Thanks for the reply.

Bye

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

funny...i didnt say i was thinking.....and good thats ur developing a portal component....good luck....cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

GLM,

Sorry, my mistake.

I have been able to achieve step 3 using this thread:

Can someone help me for step 1:

1) I wish to retrieve the Portal User ID of the user who is currently login in Portal. I need to do this in an AbstractPortalComponent.

Bye

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Step 1 also solved using the following thread:

Closing thread.

Bye

Ankur

Answers (0)