cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Receivable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

I am working on FI-AR, and I'd like to retrieve the quantities corresponding to amounts involved in datasources 0FI_AR_3 and 0FI_AR_4.

Is there an easy way to do that?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What quantities would these be?

AR4 contains subeldger postings in BSID and BSAD only (ie debt and cash) - it does not contain the double side of the accounting entry or any SD Information

Yes you can get this information BUT there is a 1:n relationship between revenue GL postings (and thus SD deliveries) and the debt posting in AR

Former Member
0 Kudos

This would be quantities from the SD side; I guess something like the open quantities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest that you look at infosets for this - as the open orders value will change over time in SD with no effect whatsoever on the AR postings (therefore you will not get a delta change for the FI journal)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

Could you please give me more details about Infoset creation?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I would model the data:

Firstly take the double entry of an SD invoice in finance

cr revenue

cr vat

dr debtor (AR)

Now the revenue posting may have in the GL portion the billing document number and maybe the SD order number (check and if not then you will have to infoset SD billing docs to SD orders)

SD cube (or DSO with decent indexes) which maybe has a SD order number

GL cube (or DSO with decent indexes) which has the SD order number and the GL co code, doc no and fiscal year

AP cube (or DSO with decent indexes) which has the GL code, doc no and fiscal year

Join AP to GL with doc no, co code and fiscal year (NOT Line!!)

Join GL to SD with SD order number

Create a query which has the GL account not equal to the VAT accounts and the gl account type is S (ie not AR)

This will now retrieve the SQL join of AR invoices to SD documents

It may take a bit more tweaking and you may need to enhance some of the datasources

But using this way we are trying to avoid enhancing the datasources as there is not enough hours in the night during loads to do some of these cmod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

I am going to try this way too.

Regards

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use 0FI_AR_4.

0FI_AR_3 was replaced with 0FI_AR_4.

Easy method just execute it in RSA3 and get data.

Hope this helps.