cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Master: Indicators on Purchasing Data screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I would like to understand the functionality of two indicators which appear in the 'Control Data' section of the Vendor Master - 'Purchasing Data' screen.

1. Acknowledgment Reqd: SAP Documentation states u201CDetermines whether the purchasing document ( purchase order, outline purchase agreement, etc.) is to be acknowledged by the vendoru201D. If this indicator is selected, does it print a text line on the PO saying the Vendor should acknowledge the receipt of the PO ?

2. B.vol.comp./ag.nec.: What is the functionality of this indicator ? Is it only activated in case of rebate agreements with the vendor ? Have you used this indicator for any of your implementations ?

Any help is most welcome and very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Swapnil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most of you have replied that by setting the indicator 'Acknowledgment Reqd' in the Vendor Master, the system prints the Acknowledgment Reqd line in the PO printout.

But here's the issue I am facing: I flagged the 'Acknowledgment Reqd' indicator in the Vendor Master and then created the PO for this vendor. The system did not print the ack. req line in the PO. On displaying the PO, I found that the field 'Confirmation Reqd' at the PO Line Item level was not flagged on. It is only when I checked the 'Confirmation Reqd' field on the PO line item and saved the PO that the line 'We require an order acknowledgment for the following item' was printed on the PO.

Question: When the 'Acknowledgment Reqd' indicator in the Vendor Master is flagged on, does it not automatically flag the 'Confirmation Reqd' field in the PO ? Do you also have to manually select the 'Confirmation Reqd' field in the PO line item so that the text gets printed on the PO ? Am I missing something here ?

Swap

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

> If you tick for the Acknowlegement req. indicator, then it gets printed on the printout....so based on this only the vendor acknowledges...

> USE : With this we can also confirm the qty send by vendor and received by us.....

Pls check....

Regards

Priyanka.P

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the Acknowledgement Reqd. Indicator is checked in vendor master it will get defaulted in PO( in Confirmation tab )placed on this vendor .

Dhruba

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is used for period end settlement with vendor incase he agrees for a business volume comparison with the company...

If you do a particular volume of business with him he agrees for a period end discount on your payment..

Reg,

Deepak.

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Acknowledgment Reqd - It will print on PO if Standard output type "NEU" will be used with standard SAPScript (MEDRUCK) and Print program.

B.vol.comp./ag.nec. - This is used for Rebate Agreement Process.