cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Exit Variable for Fiscal Week

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a fiscal week variable in the selection screen of my query and users enter the value of the current fiscal week. Now I am broadcasting this workbook and I have a problem here.

I want this variable to get automatically filled with the current fiscal week number whenever it runs in the background in info broadcaster. I know a customer exit variable will solve this. But,

My Question: I want to know if I replace this with automatic update variable, will the users still have the fiscal week variable in the selection screen. I want to know if we can have this variable automatically updating every week when info broadcaster runs and also users manually inputting variable value when they want look at some past data.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen. Its helpful. I will follow the procedure and lets see how it works. Assigned points.

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In BI 7

Create a variant for your query.

Now write a progam to update your variant in table RSRVARIANT.

In your case fiscal week needs to be updated.Schedule this program to run just before broadcasting the query to the user.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Thanks for the reply. But, does this work in 3.5 environment.

I am using 3.5 version.

Regards.

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No it works only in BI 7.

In 3.5 you need to maintain table TVARV.

While saving the variant you need to give this table name.

You can check regarding this in ABAP forums.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

I created a variant and when I look in TVARV I don't see any entries there.

Thanks.

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No you need to create variant in RSRT.

You get a screen there you need to choose TVARV table for your particular field.

To mainitain values for TVARV you need to enter some value in STVARC transaction.

This is a long procedure I would suggest you check as

TVARV or STVARC in ABAP forums you will get to know.

In R3 ppl use similar concept.

former_member205352
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Thanks for that. I am looking in ABAP forums as you said. Curious to see if you have any step by step procedure to accomplish this.

In ABAP forums I see the coding part. But about entering values etc.. do you have any procedure?

Thanks again.

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the subtrees in the link.

Its has step by step procedure.

eg: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/c0/98038ce58611d194cc00a0c94260a5/content.htm

This even has screen shot.

Hope this helps.