cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some SQL fields not showing data in Crystal XI R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report that is using a stored procedure. In this stored procedure we have many fields that are being passed over to Crystal. A small portion of these fields do not show any data when you browse them in Crystal. But when you check on the SQL Server 2005 side, they contain data. So we know that the issue is probably on the Crystal side because there is data on the SQL side.

I originally thought that the problem may be caused by Null values in the database, but I used Crystal to convert the Null's to numeric zero if it was a number, and still there was no data showing up.

Also in the stored procedure, we are passing 2 parameters a start and end date. But that seems irrelevent to why some of the fields are not containing data like they should.

Why would some fields show no values at all, and some fields shows values?

Any ideas on how to correct this situation so data will show up for all the fields like they are suppose too?

Thanks everyone for their help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Couple of longshots, but have you still got the "save data with report" option set ?

Is there anything in the report select that could be excluding the values you were expecting ?

Cheers

Richard

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Levi,

Pleaase check the following :

1. Other than storedprocedure are you adding any tables to your report ? If so, check the links between your stored procedure.(Through Database Expert)

2.Write the following formula to find out whether the database fields contains values or not.

if isnull() or = " " Then

"This Field is Empty"

Else

Drag and dwop this formula in your report to get the field values.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought it might have been caused by the null values in the database and tried the formula that you said but there was still no data in some of the fields.

So what I did was I started a brand new blank report and set the data source and then drug over all the fields that were on the problematic report to the blank report and now it works fine. I probably need to think about reinstalling Crystal on my computer, it may have become corrupt.