Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Receiver RFC error- RfcClientException: functiontemplate from repository wa

Hi All,

I am in an R/3(IDOC) - XI - 3rd party(File) scenario. Need to do a lookup to R/3 from XI before file is sent to 3rd party system.

For RFC, I followed various blogs( currently using Michaels blog https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a03e7b02-eea4-2910-089f-8214c6d1b439 )

However I get the error in RWB:

"Error in processing caused by: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: functiontemplate from repository was <null>"

Came across note : 730870 and it talks of metadata refresh. So I reimported the function module into IR, reactivated the comm channel but still the same error.

Do you guys have any idea why it could be happening.

To sum up,for RFC lookup I have created

1. RFC enabled FM in R/3

2. Comm Channel in ID

3. UDF (supplied the above comm channel and Buss syst name here and FM xml signature)

4. Used the UDF in existing Message mapping

( I have not created any separate Interface mappings for this...is it OK)

( My RFC function module will return a single field, but when I import RFC FM in IR, I do not see the return field, it has only the FM incoming fields...is that OK.....??? )

Any help/pouinters are welcome

Many thanks

Shirin

replied

Hi,

Hmm you have given the wrong payload.

Give this:

String m = "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?><ns0:ZIFMS_GET_NEXT_NUMBER xmlns:ns0=\"urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions\"><I_NR_RANGE_NR>01</I_NR_RANGE_NR><I_OBJECT>ZIFMS_INT</I_OBJECT></ns0:ZIFMS_GET_NEXT_NUMBER>"

compare yours & mine, you will know the difference.

Thanks,

Gujjeti.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question