cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Document Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For returns sales document type H is it standard for these to be blocked? If not an you block for delivery/billing by category?

Also what are the different options for blocking say all returns and credit notes?

Thanks for your help,

CT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You usually block the returns for delivery sothat the authorised person checks of the return is really valid & genuine.

Coz returns will either have a credit memo or subsequent free of charge. So before we give the customer credit for the goods, it is a check point.

Also credit memos & debit memos will have billing block sothat the there is a check by the concerned person to validate the credit.

Once the authorisedperson removes the block manually, system will process further.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone,

The SO types and billing type used by my company are all 'z' types so no standard returns or credit memo's so I beleive (if I understand correctly) that unless there is a block put on them for billing in the SO configuration then there is no block?

Thanks CT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone confirm my understading so I can award the points and close the question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For sale orders the billing block (which resticts user to create the billing document until and unless the billing block is removed) will flow from the sales document type configuration into the transaction i.e. VA01. User can remove the billing block provided he has authorization.

For billing documents the posting block (which restricts creation of accounting document while saving the billing document) will flow from the billing document type into transaction VF01. User cannot change this and the billing document has to be released to accounts.

In the zee document types the configurations might have been done in such a way that blocks are there. System will not default any blocks based on some other parameters like returns etc.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, no blocks then on the zee types as they are not in the zee SO type config.

Thanks for your patients everyone, points awarded.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two aspects here.

1) Billing block in sales documents. This will be controlled by sales document types (VOV8). In standard SAP returns orders, credit/debit memo requests will have billing block by default.

2) Posting block in billing documents. This will be controlled by billing document types (VOFA tcode). In standard SAP credit memo billing type will have posting block by default.

Both settings can be changed as per the client requirement.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The document type which is having document category H - Returns may be relevent for credit issue. So almost all the documents which is falling under H will have the billing block set at the order level 08 - Check credit memo. This is a standard SAP config. You may change it whenever you require.

If you want to maintain default delivery block for this kind of orders, you may very well set the same at order level itself.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prase,

For one of the customised return types (Z013) there is no billing block set, the Billing type is also a customised type (Z003) there is no posting block in the Billing type Z003 (tick box) but in 'General Control' it is SD document category 'o' Credit Memo. Does this mean that it will be block because the billing document category is 'o'?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The document category determines how the system stores and keeps track of document data. It enables the system to provide you with status information about delivery processing, billing, and documents that are used for reference (for example, inquiries and quotations). The billing document will not be blocked for posting if the posting block check box is not ticked. At document type level, this tick is the only thing that decides whether to block posting or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are not blocked because of that reason. In the billing document type (VOFA tcode) there is checkbox for posting block. If this is checked then upon saving the billing document the accounting document will not be created. The procedure of releasing the billing document to accounts has to be done using either VF02 or VFX3.

Regards,

GSL.