Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Deployment: Crystal Reports 2008 and VB 2005

I have installed an application on a Server running under Windows 2000. The setup project which created the Windows installer file contained the latest CR 2008 merge modules (10.09.2008). I entered my keycode into the merge module's properties in the setup project.

When I log onto the server, the app runs fine and loads the data into the report. When anyone else logs on the data is retrieved from the database (SQL server 2000) but does not appear in the report. An error message "Cannot load data from database - error code 229" appears. We know that any user can retrieve the data the report requires as it loads satisfactorily into a grid in a test app.

The database connection is under SQL sever integrated security. When the app is run from the development PC with a connection to the networked SQL server no login message appears. However, when the app runs on the server a login popup appears for everyone including me. Checking the "integrated security" popup works but I would prefer that the popup did not appear.

Can anyone help please?

Ian Carr

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question