cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SXMB_ADM settings in Integration engine Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , with reference to the blog

--- refer to the step ---2 Configuration Business system as local Integration Engine.

1. Goto Transaction SXMB_ADM

2. Choose Edit --> Change Global Configuration Data.

3. Select Role of Business System: Application system

4. Corresponding Integration server: dest://<HTTPDESTINATION>. Here <HTTPDESTINATION> SAPISU_XID created in step 1. Dest://SAPISU_XID.

Now if I do this step., then IDX5 will no more work,, rather weo2/o5 will start working.....is this ok,, i mean changing the Role of Business System = Integration server to Application system??, the usage of IDx5 will cease to exist,

Arnab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to every 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

Why are you doing it?

If you are in your XI system the rol must be INTEGRATION SERVER.

If you are in your R3 BACKEND the rol must be APPLICATION SYSTEM.

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

oh i am sorry, you mean to say, as per blog,

am I was supposed to do this setting for SXMB_ADM in r3 , not in XI.....is this what you meant??

Also , with reference to the above link, while creating the HTTP connection, it is giving a popup messehe, HTTP connection may not be secure.....what can be the problem due to this due to insecurity!!

Thanks in advancee!!

Edited by: Arnab Mondal on Sep 25, 2008 1:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

So, your are setting up your R3 in order to develop Proxies scenarios, aren't you?

So, just follow that blog. In SXMB_ADM ... the rol must be APPLICATION SYSTEM and you have to set and HTTP type RFC that

points to XI.

Don't worry about the message. It means that you use http instead of https.

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carlos,

thanks, u r absolutely right, but again, I may sound nuts, but then , do u want me to do thsi sxmb_adm - Application server in R3.

Thanks Buddy!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do u want me to do thsi sxmb_adm - Application server in R3?

Yes, of course. Your R3 is an Application Server, not a XI.

I may sound nuts

me too.

Regards mate!!!

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Step 1,2 and 3 are very much required in R/3 side. U get the authzn SXMB_ADM in ECC or tell basis to do this. Its required for local integration engine of R/3 set up.

After all these steps u need to use these tcodes-

1. SLDCHECK - sld connection check b/w R/3 & XI/PI.

2. SPROXY in R/3 - for proxy interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you tell me in the step 2 , why do I hav to make 2 TCP/IP connections,[LCRSAPRFC AND SAPSLDAPI] I mean why am i doing this, what is the purpose??

Also , WILL THE GATEWAY HOST AND SERVICE FOR BOTH OF tem same??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

LCRSAPRFC

The RFC destination LCRSAPRFC is required for the connection to the Structure linkSystem Landscape Directory (SLD). It is used to read the exchange profile.

● SAPSLDAPI

The RFC destination SAPSLDAPI is required for the connection to the SLD. It is used by the ABAP API.

regards

krishna

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The RFC destinations LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI are used for the SLD connection. They use the SLD access data maintained with transaction SLDAPICUST. The RFC destination LCRSAPRFC is used to read the exchange profile; SAPSLDAPI is used by the ABAP API.

From help.sap

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

You require these 2 RFC destinations as you wish to enable proxy communication between integration engines. Access to the SLD is therefore required as the technical information about the integration servers and therefore how they will communicate with each other is stored there.

Regards,

Pete