Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats the solution for this technical default

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry to post this here but still want to know why?:-)....

For any functional module there is import export parameters.We can understand easily what we need to pass what we get

But in tables Tab(in function module only)...there is no clarity.which is to import & what is to export.i am making sure that ecah table parameter is going to be stick for whether importing or exporting..then why the developers have develpoed like this any reason..?

regards

Sas

Ps:Not expecting the answer to be the because one should get aware of the functional module by reading code....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member203501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi see one thing....

you can get the data by using where used list on that function module ...because every function module was already used in some of the sap applications ..such as programs or classes...you can get it from there aslo...or if the get the structure...you can able to know the values what have to be passed ...

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved to ABAP General....

0 Kudos

>

> Moved to ABAP General....

))) This is not fare.

Regards

Sas

0 Kudos

its not fare - > fair

0 Kudos

Is it really saslove...........?

former_member203501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi see one thing....

you can get the data by using where used list on that function module ...because every function module was already used in some of the sap applications ..such as programs or classes...you can get it from there aslo...or if the get the structure...you can able to know the values what have to be passed ...

0 Kudos

>

> hi see one thing....

>

> you can get the data by using where used list on that function module ...because every function module was already used in some of the sap applications ..such as programs or classes...you can get it from there aslo...or if the get the structure...you can able to know the values what have to be passed ...

I dont agree..more..so many functional modules are never used in any standard programs...and

its not at all useful....

I said fare only...Means not at all worthful ....

>

>That is because most of the function modules just update the supplied tables, if there is no such >tables tab you need to declare a same table twice in import as well as export parameters.

>...

Update supplied tables....?

i mean those parameters are cluster tables then whats u r case then?

Regards

Sas

Ps: Juliuis pls move to the previous location

0 Kudos

SaS,

I always read the Interface and understand in the Beginning, If i don't understand the table use from Interface then i will Read the Code and analyze.

But if it is my Function module i always prefer to code using import and export paramters for Tables too , using the Table types. So that when some one see the function they can understand easily.

Regards

Vijay

0 Kudos

>

> But if it is my Function module i always prefer to code using import and export paramters for Tables too , using the Table types. So that when some one see the function they can understand easily.

>

> Regards

> Vijay

Ya i really appreciate u r concern vijay thats what we generally do as a programmers ,That if some

one want to work further on our objects we expect them every thing to be crystal clear.......then why

all this standard function modules build in such a way is there any reason behind this is the point

what i want to know...

Regards

Sas

0 Kudos

>all this standard function modules build in such a way is >there any reason behind this is the point

I am not sure about the reason, But SAP started avoiding the Tables Parameter option completely. you can predict that from the ECC6.0 version that the Tables option is Obsolete. May be SAP realized now and started avoiding from ECC6.0 onwards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saslove,

That is because most of the function modules just update the supplied tables, if there is no such tables tab you need to declare a same table twice in import as well as export parameters.

Dont ask me why Function modules updates the supplied tables

Regards

Karthik D