cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA - Configuration -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I want to configure COPA in our project after studying from SAP help, but most of things are very ambiguous there is anybody have a proper link from where I can understand exact scenario of COPA

When i am creating the operating concern an error Changes to the cross-client Customizing are not permitted is coming.

please clear from where this problem is coming.

Thanks & Regards

Rama Shanker sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What you are changing in Operating concern, on every change you have to activate them both cleint specific and cross client specific. This is reason COPA update tables accordingly for data population

Regards

Dinabandhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinbandhu ,

Thanks for your reply . can you explain working of COPA . actually I am PS Consultant have a little bit knowledge of Controlling . i want to see the analysis part of COPA in perspective of Settlement in PS.

I have studied basic thing of it from sap help . I want to know the structure Concept of COPA and planning part also .

Please elaborate it to me .

Thanks & Regards

Rama Shanker Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While defining structure we actually link COPA with other moduels with the help of characteristics and value field and technically we create tables.As you have written you basic of COPA I am assuming that u know characteristic and value fields.Please reply if need any clarification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks dear ,

Yes I know the cherectristics and value fields. please explain any scenaio in which I can see the proper functinality.

I am waitng for your reply.

Regards

Rama shanker Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario in brief for an airline industryu2019s profitability analysis could be as under:

u2022 Type of aircraft, (e.g. A380)

u2022 Route (e.g. Singapore u2013 Mumbai)

u2022 Flying Class (Business or Economy)

Hope this helps a bit if not whole!

Ambadas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will try to explain very simple scenerio.Lets say for a particular sales organisation we want to analyze whats the total sales quantity and total sales revenue for a particular period.In operating concern data sturcture we will add sales org. as characteristic and slaes quantity and revenue as value field.And we have to map value fields of COPA with condition types which have been used in billing document in SD(costing based COPA).When billing document will be posted, whatever characteristic and value fields we have mapped, value will flow for those from SD to COPA.This is a very basic explanation hope it will be helpful.Reply if its not the same what you wanted.

Myguru_Sap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the good explaination

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rama,

CO_PA is an excellent weapon in the armoury of SAP applications.

It seems (from the error message) that you are relatively new to SAP system.....hence it would be difficult to guide you in this situation particularly in the absence of your academic background and professional real life business experience.

In view of the above, I think you either need to undergo a SAP standard training AC605 Profitability Analysis at SAP authorised training centres or to get on the job help from expert CO consultant.

Ambadas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kodam

I did not expected such type of answer from you .by the way the lines you have written here , within that you could explain the answer very perfectly.

Regards

Rama S.