cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When the checkbox( "Without Validation") ought to be checked?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts,

I have a problem:

what usage is the "Without Validation" checkbox in the Actions tab when I create a action in a view?

When the checkbox( "Without Validation") ought to be checked.

Do you give me some hint? Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

tao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Action Types

Web Dynpro provides two action types for the description of actions.

Validating Actions

The event handler of a validating action is only called after all user data entered is validated, the validated data is passed to the context, and the data entered is also valid.

The event handler of a validating action assumes that:

· The data saved in the context is valid

· The data saved in the context matches the data entered by the user

· Using the event handler of a validating action, the system can:

· Trigger navigation links by calling an outbound plug

· Use the data saved in the context for other processes. If they are bound to a UI element, they are visible to the user.

· Call a Web Dynpro Message Manager to display error messages or throw exceptions that originate from a WDNonFatalRuntimeException.

Non-Validating Actions

The event handler of a non-validating action is called before the user data entered is validated and the validated data is passed to the context.

The event handler of a non-validating action is also called if the invalid data was already entered. This ensures that the event handler of a non-validating action is called without checking whether the user entries are valid.

The event handler of a non-validating action must be capable of processing invalid data saved in the context. To check the validity of the context data, the IWDComponent interface provides the getValidationCheck() method. The method returns an instance of IWDValidationCheck.

The IWDValidationCheck interface makes available methods, with which you can check the validity of the context data.

The event handler of a non-validating action can both write the values to the context and read values from the context.

Use

Non-validating actions are used when the user quits an application, for example, because otherwise the user remains in the application if the entries are invalid. In addition, you can use it to reset the entries in all fields of a view at runtime.

To define an action as a non-validating action, you must select the checkbox u201CWithout validationu201D when creating the action and save this setting.

Edited by: Abhilasha Dahare on Sep 25, 2008 1:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Abhilasha,

Thanks a lot for your reply so quickly!

Your article is the best summarization for the question.

Best regards,

tao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what usage is the "Without Validation" checkbox in the Actions tab when I create a action in a view?

This check box is needed if you dont want any validations needed to be tested for this action, Example for validations are invalid date entered to a date field.

Best example for usage of this is a cancel button, even if errors exists you need to fire the respective action.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ayyapparaj,

Thanks a lot for your reply so quickly!

Your mean is: Once I select the check box, the system wouldn't check validation of the typed data ?

Best regards,

tao