Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Functional Module " LVC_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE "

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the use of this functional module ??

LVC_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE

Ankesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

why it is necessary means i got u what u r saying but i couldnt understand why it is needed.???

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankesh

It fills the Field Catalog table with the Columns Details of Structure mentioned in I_STRUCTURE_NAME.

Thanks

Amol Lohade

Former Member
0 Kudos

why it is necessary means i got u what u r saying but i couldnt understand why it is needed.???

0 Kudos

It is used for Buliding the Field catalog for LVC grid function and OOALV function.

it is possible to Build fieldcatalog only based on the DDIC structure using the above mentioned function.

LVC fieldcatalog is different from SLIS fieldcatalog in definition and Some extra additions also there...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

let me tell u in simple words,

"LVC_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE" helps in making fieldcatalog when you r making report using oops concept..

hope it will help u

regards

rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

so can i pass my internal table ref into this functional module or it is mandotry to pass ref of DDIC object only ???

will i pass my own i_structure_name in this functional module??

call function 'LVC_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE'
       exporting
            i_structure_name = 'SFLIGHT'
       changing
            ct_fieldcat      = gt_fieldcatalog.

how can we pass our own structure / field catalog in this functional module ???

Edited by: Ankesh Jindal on Sep 25, 2008 12:47 PM

0 Kudos

hi,

you have to pass DDIC object only in the i_structure_name field.

you can create a custom structure as per your requirement in the data dictionary using SE11. and then use this in the FM.

0 Kudos

Hello Ankesh

You cannot use internal tables but have to refer to tables/structures in the DDIC.

If I need to build up a fieldcatalog consisting of field from different structure I simply call this fm with all the required structures and afterwards delete the obsolete columns (= records).

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

i feel its basic question as it performs same task as reuse_alv_field_catalog_merge. ofcorse its object oriented

Also help.sap.com is working

Do you think so?

0 Kudos

Hello

In general the answer is yes.

However, the REUSE_.. fm is for the old SLIS-based ALV lists whereas the LVC_... fm is for the new fm-based and OO-based ALV lists.

The new fm does no longer allow to use itab definitions as input.

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

help.sap.com is working and answer can be found there.

so i can press abuse button thats what i want to clarify

0 Kudos

it is very hectic to make ddic structure for the required field cataloge in all cases which i want to pass in i_structure_name..

like in reuse_alv_grid_display we wil build field catalog manually or in general abap programming we define our types so can we make this either by defining by types or any other functionality

0 Kudos

hi,

no, you have to use DDIC object only.