cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Order Shelf life expiration date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

I have some problem with the set-up of our production order.

But before exactly telling the problem, just for some knowledge, we are using legacy system (a non- SAP system) which also part on releasing, confirmation of the production order of ours. Now, the problem we are having is that in our legacy system releasing of production order has happen, then after that all data necessary will be transfer to the R/3 SAP. the situation we are expiriencing right now is that when an production order was set to status released in our legacy system id adjusted the start date 1 day before the plan date but the shelf life expiration date (SLED) will be fixed, so in R/3 it will also adjust 1 day on its start date and the shelf life expiration date (SLED) is also computing and adjudted 1 day, we want to have this not adjust, same behaviour as in our legacy system. what should we do in the R/3 side for this shelf life expiration date (SLED) found below of the General Tab of the production order will not adjust/compute as the start date adjusted?

Scenario:

Before Released of order:

Legacy = start date (14.09.2008), SLED (31.10.2008)

R/3 SAP = start date (14.09.2008), SLED (31.10.2008)

After Released of order:

Legacy = start date (13.09.2008), SLED (31.10.2008)

R/3 SAP = start date (13.09.2008), SLED (30.10.2008) WRONG!

I will make short for my problem, on R/3 side only, when i do CO01 (25.09.2008) as the start date and save the PO (status CREATED) it will have an automatic/computed SLED (31.10.2008), and when i do made CO02 change PO and released it the start date adjust 1 day before the plan date i indicated (24.09.2008) which i put up when doing CO01earlier, how could i make sure that the SLED (31.10.2008) wont be change/compute since that start date adjust when i change status of my PO to RELEASED.

Thanks

Ryan

Edited by: Ryan on Sep 25, 2008 1:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

I think you have put some automation (User Exit)for Manufacturing date.System concider the order schedule start date as a Manufacturing / Production date/ Correct?

And on the basis of that manufacturing date expiry date is also calculated (Value maintain in Plant data 1 view).

As this seems to be development you have to find solution over there only.Means check your development and put some more checks over there.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhaval,

Hmmm, yah i know that in the material master plant/storage 1 tab there indicate the total shelf life of the material thus given the computation for our (SLED = Start date + total shelf life on the material in plant/storage 1).

is there a way that could we bypass that when the confirmation that cause the R/3 production order start date change by other system like our legacy system?

could it be fixed, when start date was change by any changes done in the CREATED production order?

Thanks

Ryan

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

I want to know ,whether you are using user exit for that production date or not?It will give some idea.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is still standard, we just want to know how could we have done this. No user exit.

Please relate your idea, am willing to do necessary testing for it.

Thanks

Ryan

Edited by: Ryan on Sep 25, 2008 2:02 PM

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Up to my knowledge as per the standard SAP System will ask the date of production at the time of Goods Receipt (Pop up comes to maintain the date of production).

OK , If this is the case then try it by using user exit.

For example we are using date of one specific phase confirmation as a Production date.And in case of cancellation of that Phase (CORS) we have put one check in which system ask

'Do you want to reverse the manufacturing date!'

For this you can use function module "POPUP_TO_CONFIRM'.

So you can use same functionality over here also.Put checks by user exit and ask regarding reversal of production date in case of change in the schedule date.

Regards,

Dhaval

Answers (0)