cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check DB - Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

when i run check DB process on DB13 it was completed with following errors.

1. BR0973W Database operation alert - level: WARNING, operation: cdytxcet.cln, time: 2008-09-10 01.00.19, condition: Last successful 'cln' operation older than 10 days

2. BR0973W Database operation alert - level: WARNING, operation: bdyrjtjw.aft, time: 2008-08-27 18.00.28, condition: Last successful 'aft' operation older than 10 days

3.BR0973W Database operation alert - level: WARNING, operation: bdyqzgue.tib, time: 2008-08-25 14.49.08, condition: Last successful 'tib' operation older than 10 days

4. BR0973W Database operation alert - level: WARNING, operation: cdyqkdhh.dst, time: 2008-08-22 12.55.45, condition:

Last successful 'dst' operation older than 10 days

5. BR0973W Database operation alert - level: WARNING, operation: adygtzwb.cds, time: 2008-07-02 19.45.59, condition: Last successful. 'cds' operation older than 10 days

what is happening here. please explain that what i should do.

thanks

Madhushanka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all of you..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In addition to what Sishir ha sexplained.

The above warnings/errors are issued on the basis of entries made in txcode DB17.

Here there are entries like OPERATION_TOO_OLD . This tcode also suggests the corrective measures.Explore on this tcode

Pl award if helpful.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu

1. BR0973W Database operation alert - level: WARNING, operation: cdytxcet.cln, time: 2008-09-10 01.00.19, condition: Last successful 'cln' operation older than 10 days

Please Run DB13 T-Code and Run Job -

1. Clean Up Logs

Make changes in initSID.sap for example backup_root_dir/archive_root_dir

2. Archive Logs Backup

3. Online Database Backup

4. Update Stats

5. Check DB

If you face any problem then run T-Code DB17 and define the trash hold valus yourself.

I think you installed the fresh system that is why you are facing problem.

Try this step I am sure you will find success

Thanks & Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My first warning has been solved after running cleaning job.(cdytxcet.cln). But other warnings are still appearing daily.

thanks.

Madhushanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhushanka,

The warnings are related to the last completion of the operations.

aft - Offline backup

tib - Tape initialization

dst - delete damaging statistics, function -f stats -d

cds - Archive log backups

You must have not run these in the last 10 days hence the errors. Offline backup and Archive log backups are critical unless you have other means of backing them up (OS level etc)

Rest I guess you could ignore.

Please find the Oracle database guide at the below link.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3204a72f-0d01-0010-db84-e2335f93... which should provide additional details.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

These don't look related to statistics being out of date.

They more relate to spadba/brbackup/brarchive/brconnect stuff.

If you check trx DB14, click 'Function ID's you will see where each one comes from i.e. cln = Cleanup DBA logs (executed via DB13 or cmd-line 'brconnect -f cleanup')

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any warnings in DB16 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhushanka,

The statistics are out of date..

So why dont you schedule a DB-UpdateStats first. After UpdateStats completes successfully, then try running DBCheck. It should then work fine..

Regards

Thilip Kumar