Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom screen size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to create a subscreen that should not be "fullscreen". I mean, I want it to have a custom size, something like 200x200 and to be displayd when I run a FM. I've created a subscreen using screen painter but it apears at the maximum size as all the screens.

How can I set the custom size?

Thank you in advance,

Diana

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the screen painter go to the screen layout where you can reduce the size of your subscreen according to your requirements. After that your subscreen will not be displayed as a full screen.

Thanks,

Nitesh Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check the attributes of the screen.

Lines/Columns   Occupied  0     0
                         Mainten.  27    120

Regards,

R.Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the Starting at and ending at of the call screen statement;

CALL SCREEN dynnr 
            STARTING AT col1 lin1 
            ENDING   AT col2 lin2.

See F1 Help for CALL SCREEN For more details.

Regards

Karthik D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also While creating the Screen in screen painter give the Screen Type as Modal Dialog Box.

Regards

Karthik D

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

sub screen will be placed in sub screen area.so, you don't change size for sub screen. you maintain size for sub screen area. if sub screen is bigger than sub screen area, system will show scroll bar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

While testing the screen in standalone mode, intially a screen comes up with fileds open to enter the x & y coordinates of the screen to appear.

You can change these coordinates and save them as per your requirement.

but as mentioned in the previous replies the basic thing is if u r calling a subscreen then u should look into the size of the subscreen area rather then the size of the subscreen