cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Size Increasing Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus ,

We using R/3 Server with oracle database , Now a days we facing one problem , the size of the file name stderr4 increased in GB s . Kindly give me the suggestion to stop this .

Regards

Selvan .SP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In RZ10 , which parameter i have check and set the lower level ?

Regards

Selvan

Former Member
0 Kudos

search it with trace in rz11, and try to read the documentation there. you can then know what is which level..

also trace off in st01

and deactive trace in st05.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check contents in stderr4 and correct the problem. this is the best long term solution.

please paste the last 50 lines of this file here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try y reducing trace level for that perticular trace file.Hope this helps.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether all the Standard Background Jobs are running as per the SAP stanadrs in your system.

Thanks,

Naga

Fujitsu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi .

I will do that also , but after ten days again the log file incresing in GB s .

Regards

Selvan

Former Member
0 Kudos

better check the trace levels in RZ10 and lower it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Iam not able to rename the file . It showing the error message like the file destination may be in use . Because of that my E drive become full. So iam not able to take online backup . I want to stop the increasing that log file size ,

Regards

Selvan

Former Member
0 Kudos

obviously..stop the mmc and the database if needed services also.then it would let you rename that. create a fresh file with the same name and restart everything back. then move the old junk out (after everything is fine after restrat).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Stderr* are used to record syslog and logon check, when the system is up.

Some causes of this growth:

In the case of repeated input/output errors of a TemSe object (in particular in the background), large portions of trace information are written to stderr. This information is not necessary and not useful in

this quantity.

Please confirm that the following reports are running daily as per note #48400

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can rename the growing file to some other and recreate the file stderr4 or watever it is earlier.after that you try to move the file out of server and see whats inside if at all you can open it.