Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to differentiate from differentiate vnedor from customer

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hiya

Could some one please advise how can one differentiate a vendor from customer.

I do know from account group, however we might have several account groups for customers and several for vendors. then it would become a problem to differentiate, isn't it.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

whsts exact situation u are looking at ?

pls clarify to expkain.

regards,

GHS.

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys i guess i found the solution...

If there is an vendor number maitained in KNA1-LIFNR, this could well be a deciding factor if any customer has vendor data attached or not..

If somebody has different views please let me know

Regards

Ranjeet

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet

Vendor and Customer can be easily identified through their "Partner Type" in the Partner determination screen.

When you define "Partner function" , you always specify the "Partner type" , whether the partner you are creating is a Vendor ,customer, employee or what type of partner.

For Partner function"SP" , you will find Partner type "KU" (customer), similarly for vendor partner function, Partner type you will find "LI" (vendor)etc.

For each partner function, a partner type is specified which is mandatory.

So in VOPA, you can see it for the respective Partner function.

Edited by: pradyumna on Sep 25, 2008 1:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can have a separate coding for Customer and Vendor,e.g Customer CXXXXX and Vendor VXXXX,which will help in easy identification.

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we do have number ranges however is there any single feild that can differentiate between the two functions.

The master data is already maitained so can't be changed at his moment.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Account group is controlling field activation for master data related to customer and vendor.beside monitor no.range and partner function n all.

so of course if u use 0001 for customer and 0007 for vendor u will have differant setting and field as well as u hav to locate them by assigning no. range to it.

thanks

mk