Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item category and account assignment controls usage

former_member720197
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

What is the exact usage of item category and account assignment controls usage.

Please tell in what scenarios item category K(consignment) is used.

Regards,

Anand.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member720197
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to have stock consignment for our customer? I want to lend some material to our customer at customer premise.

How can i do it? When i post goods issue for consignment to customer i want to assigne an account to it so every stock consignment for our customers it will post the value to that GL account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Item category:It specifies or controls whether a material number,an account assignment,a GR,and/or IR are possible or necessary for an item.

For ex.I.Std-matl no./acct assignment possible,GR necessary/possible,IR posssible

II.Limit-Acct assignment necessary,GR not possible,IR necessary.

III.Consignment-Non valuated GR necessary,Acct. Assignment/IR not possible

Account assignment category:determines

1.nature of the account assignment(cost centre,sales order etc)

2.which accounts are to be charged when the incoming invoice or goods receipt is possible.

3.which account assignment data you must provide.

Consignment Stock - This the special stock received from vendor and kept under our plant but it is not our valuated inventory (This is identified by special stock indicator K)

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Goraksh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Item category K is used in a consignment scenario,

Consignment is that if u keep the vendors stock at ur premises the the PO is to be raised on behalf of the vendor with K as the Item category,

The stock belongs to the vendors custody and the liability of payment towards the vendor arises only when thestock is withdrawn from the consignment stores.

Hope this helps.

Prasanna Kulkarni,

Regards,

Award if helpful