Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP & PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new to APO. Based my understanding,

Scenario 1:

After freezing demand planning (DP) in APO, if we transfer the DP details to R/3, PIRs will be created in R/3.

Scenario 2:

After freezing demand planning (DP) in APO, We transfer the DP details to APO SNP then transfer the output of APO SNP to R/3. If it is so, Planned order will be created in R/3.

am i right?

please clarify the following:

1. What is the role of PPDS in APO?

2. In what stage PPDS to be implemented in a company? ( Is the output of SNP to be transfered to PPDS? )

3. What is the output of PPDS?

4. If i transfer the output of PPDS to R/3, will i get planned orders in R/3?

regards

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario 2:

After freezing demand planning (DP) in APO, We transfer the DP details to APO SNP then transfer the output of APO SNP to R/3. If it is so, Planned order will be created in R/3.

SNP is usually Bucketed medium to long term plan..... so PP/DS Planned orders are ciffed to R/3 for execution purpose. But for your question SNP output can be trasferred to R/3 and Planned order will be created in R/3

PP/DS is detailed continuous plan. It provide detail plan of production with scheduling on resources.

2. In what stage PPDS to be implemented in a company? ( Is the output of SNP to be transfered to PPDS? )

DP --> SNP --> PP/DS is the normal flow of plan. SNP provides the rough cut Medium to long term plan which is released to PP/DS for detail plan to shedule each operation/activity.

in PP/DS SNP Planned Order (input) will be converted to PP/DS Planned order (PlOrd as output).

Yes, you will get the Planned order for execution purpose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario 1:

After freezing demand planning (DP) in APO, if we transfer the DP details to R/3, PIRs will be created in R/3.

You can set up to do so for doing demand management in R3.

Scenario 2:

Usually SNP Planning is at higher level/aggregate level...R/3 being an execution system one would want to transfer orders from PPDS...but to answere your question...SNP Planned Orders can be transfered to R3.

am i right?

please clarify the following:

For detailed level planning like scheduling the operations or minute to minute planning...where SNP is rough cut planning,planned at month/weekly buckets

Ideal planning cycle will be APO DP-->SNP->PPDS however each one of them can be implemented independently....Yes out put of SNP can be transfered to PPDS

Detailed Level Procurement elements like Planned Order,PReqs

Yes.