cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Box Text Justification

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a User Defined Edit box added to a system form.

When you add text it is justified top left - normal, when it is jst to be viewed it justifies it left centre.

I know about the .RightJustified = True/Flase parameter but eher is nothing (so far as I can see) to make the text sit top left to macth the system form edit boxes.

Is this possible?

Dave A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess u can link ur User Defined item to another item in the system form.

Vasu Natari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As in link the properties? When the data is viewed through User defined fields not the dit box it appears correctly.

I'm just surprised not to see a .TopJustified = True/False Parameter or for that matter it to default to the Top.

It s picky little problem but I'm a perfectionist unfortuantly.....

Dave A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

When we add Items to a system form we add in accordance with the existing items on the form so even when the form is resized the items will stay togeather. We use the same top and heights..etc of the system Item.

Just check the below sample, thats how i create them..., the below code is for adding a new item in the Purchase Order Screen.

oItem = objForm.Items.Item("10000330")
objItem = objForm.Items.Add("Combo01", SAPbouiCOM.BoFormItemTypes.it_COMBO_BOX)
objItem.Left = (oItem.Left - (oItem.Width + 5))
objItem.Width = oItem.Width
objItem.Top = oItem.Top
objItem.Height = 14
objItem.FromPane = oItem.FromPane
objItem.ToPane = oItem.ToPane
objItem.DisplayDesc = True
objItem.Visible = True
objItem.LinkTo = "10000330"

Hope it helps,

Vasu Natari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes that is all accounted for, the position of the edit box is fine, it is just the text within the edit box that looks daft.

It is an edit box not too dissimilar from the standard "Remarks" box you get on the sales quotation for / delivery note forms etc etc.

So you have a cm of white space then text than a cm of white space if only a small remark is entered.

The only other way I can think of getting round is it to fill it with 254 spaces just to make it appear okay.

It wouldn't surprise me if SAP forgot to add this parameter and did just the above........

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess so..

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe the edit box is the worng thing to use, it forces everything into one line.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

You need to use the oItem = oForm.Items.Add("oEdit4", SAPbouiCOM.BoFormItemTypes.it_EXTEDIT) extended edit box with the scroll bars disabled.

Regards,

Dave.