Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login restriction on MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm working on xMII 11.5

Is it possible to restrict a specific log in to a specific computer?

And is it possible to let only one session opened per log in. For example, log in name xmii001, if i have xmii001 logged in and then tried to open an other window with the same username, it should, or say it was already opened and don't let that log in to be opened again, or, it would allow the new log in but the previous log in would log off automatically.

is it possible?

where can i find some information to let me do this, or is this possible to be made inside xMII?

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The licensing model is based upon engines(plants) and named users not concurrent users, so nothing like this is available for 11.5 and the LHSecurity engine for logging in. There is no action to kill off a user session on the server if someone just hits the X and closes a browser window, so the session just continues to get stale and once the timeout is met it is deleted. No workstation IP address based restriction can be imposed either.

MII version 12.0 which runs on NetWeaver 7.0 and uses UME for logins might have additional capabilities for login restrictions, but you'd have to look into the http://help.sap.com website for more details.

Regards,

Jeremy