Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone:

This is my scenario:

1) I created an RFC on R/3

2) I called this RFC from web Dynpro

3) I created the JCo Connections

4) Created the WebDynpro app

5) Deployed the DW into an iview, assigned it into a role, and a user for that role.

The RFC that I created will fetch diferent data depending on the user that has called it. That is, user A on the portal logs an his personal data is displayed. Then user B logs and diferent (personal) data is there. I've got the user id from the portal given the security API's and it works.

However, in order for it to work, I had to set the "sap.authentication" property on, and now the iView shows me a new Logon screen, even tough the user has already logged on. Is there a way to avoid it? that is, to require authentication but not showing a new logon screen, but taking the authentication from the Portal normal logon screen?

Thanks

Alejandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

Try to search "sso between was and portal" on SDN. You will find a lot of materials.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maksim:

Thanks for the fast response. I did search for it (actually, searched a lot on the WebDynpro forum) however, I only got, as you said, SSO and ticket authentication.

I don't really need it, as from my point of view, I only need to enable authentication without getting a new login screen, that is, if authentication is really a must for me to get the UserDetails on my WD app.

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks

Alejandro

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

Are WAS and EP on the same server?

BTW, if authorization property is false this code will produce user = null;

IWDClientUser wdUser = WDClientUser.getCurrentUser();
IUser user = wdUser.getSAPUser();

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

by the moment yes, they are on the same server.... however, there's no way to know if this will hold in the future, aren't webDynpro apps portable?

yes, I set authorization property to TRUE because I had the null problem.... but this made the login screen to appear.

Thanks, looking forward for your help

Regards

Alejandro

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, if you plan to host WAS (WD runtime) and EP on different servers only option to avoid double-login screen is SSO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I see.... if I (currently) have both on the same machine, what would be the path to follow?

Thanks

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just made a short discussion with IT guy - it is necessary to install SSO even if EP is on the same instance as WD runtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see.... can I just configure SSO for the "two" portals, or does the backend have to be involved?

Thanks a lot!

Kind Regards

Alejandro

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WAS -> R/3: You can setup "hardcoded" username and password for your JCo destination, in this case it would be the same for all users using wd application. To support different users you need SSO.

Here is a help for your scenario:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5e/6c85c3edf942f39349a1e337434d29/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry. it was my fault, I didnt explain it quite well.... there's a "hardcoded" user for RFC calls (let's say "RFCcaller") and it maintains all transactions. The user customization goes as follows:

User Alejandro logs in the portal and the iView gets the "alejandro" userName. Then, it calls the RFC with "alejandro" as parameter. Afterwards, the RFC checks an equivalence table that says that "alejandro" is clientID number 2. with the client number it gets the data back to the iView.

As you see, the customization comes from the userName, (actually, the e-mail, but it makes no difference) so all that separes me from success is the double log-on screen =(, the "user mapping" goes in the background, in the RFC call.

I'm checking out the link you gave me.... it might just work as well! Thanks a lot, however, just bypassing the double login screen could save me a lot of work.

Kind Regards

Alejandro

Answers (0)