SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence of characteristics in Master Data screen - IS Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd like to learn more about characters and the sequence in which they appear in the Basic Data screen.

I've added some characteristics using transaction CT04. After which I''ve added the characteristic to the merchandise category I want to use the characteristic in using transaction CLWN.

The hierarchy of the merchandise category looks like this:

DIY

I then noticed that if I add the new characteristic to a merchandise category that is deep down in the hierarchy (for instance 0116), the characteristic is placed first on the basic data screen. The already existing characteristics that are linked to the top-node of the hierarchy appear after the new one. If I add the new characteristic to the top-node as well, I am able to change the sequence of the characteristics. But if it is added to sub-node, the characteristic will come first.

It seems that characteristics that are linked to a lower ranking node in the hierarchy are regarded as more important and have to come first. Is it possible to change this?

I don't want the new characteristic to come first, it should come last.

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is system settings which can nt change.......what is purpose of newly created characterists should come last?...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is system settings which can nt change.......what is purpose of newly created characterists should come last?...

0 Kudos

Hi,

That's what I was afraid of. I wanted to determine the sequence myself, since my client knows best which characteristic is more important. Something that is not defined by the hierarchy node the characteristic is linked to.

I think it's weird that SAP decides they should come first if the characteristic linked to a lower hierarchy node....

Thnaks anyway.

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I recommend to use the new characteristic storage inretail to maintain the characteristic values.

It is more flexible, supports own sequences and a very flexible tree handling.

Have a look at the document about master data in the sticky thread of the forum.