SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP F&R Page -What do you think?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

did you notice our newly published [SAP F&R page|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/bpx-retail?rid=/webcontent/uuid/7034a675-3845-2b10-c1a8-b2e677ae99bf]? What do you think about it?

Any Feedback? What kind of content would you like to see on such a page?

Are there concrete requests regarding certain topics ( I can not make any promises, but I can see what I can do).

Your feedback is more than welcome,

Looking forward hearing from you,

Heike

11 REPLIES 11

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Heike,

I like this page! Well structured, single point of entry for all information about SAP F&R.

I would be happy to have the same for SAP Enterprise POS. There are so many good features in this product but hard to find.

Cheers,

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is awesome. Are there similar documents for other functionalities in IS-Retail? The web page is organized well and has in depth documentation.

Hats off to the team that put together....

Edited by: Subha Rajagopalan on Oct 1, 2008 1:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good.

some links are incorrect.

if you use [Business Scenario|http://help.sap.com/scenarios_bus2005/helpdata/en/08/84933f09a5fb47e10000000a114084/content.htm] link , then [Replenishment|http://help.sap.com/scenarios_bus2005/helpdata/en/f9/a2933f09a5fb47e10000000a114084/content.htm] it would be in german, inspite of suffix EN in link

also i suppose it is link to old documentation (current is scm2007)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I think it's a great initiative. There's a lot of information but clear and in one single page. Will be usefull for many people.

Great job,

Isidoro!

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thanks for the flowers, are you involved in a F&R project? Is there information you long for?

cheers,

H.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup, I'm guilty!

I'm an F&R developer

0 Kudos

Hello Heike,

A great idea !

I am an IMS developer for F&R, and this is also usefull for me. Thanks for this.

Just a remark, there is an interesting F&R article concerning the hybrid solution and it is not linked to this page.

How we can create the link ?

The SDN article is there :

Thanks and best regards,

Nicolas

0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

thanks for the recommendation, it's now integrated.

Cheers,

Heike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I like the SAP F&R page, I am specifically looking for info on ARUN processing if anyone has any. My search comes up empty for ARUN specifically but have found lots of detailed information on allocation materials, APO, MRP, etc...

Thanks,

Stacey

0 Kudos

Hi Stacey,

could you please specify, what exactly you mean by ARUN? Do you mean Allocation Run? If yes, this is a feature in apparel and footwear and not IS-Retail. Sorry, but this might be the wrong forum....

Extract from our glossary:

Allocation Run

The unique situation in the apparel and footwear industry necessitates an optimized assignment of existing stock to open sales order requirements. When there is a stock shortage, for example, the allocation run ensures an automatic assignment of the available stock to the open requirements according to your business requirements.

Unlike the availability check, which merely makes temporary assignments between requirements records and (future incoming) stock elements, the allocation creates a fixed assignment between the requirements record and batch stock (available in the warehouse). You can only undo this assignment manually.

The allocation run is a process based on rules. You can use settings for the stock/requirements sorting or release of the allocation to decide when each individual requirement should be processed and with which priority. By doing so, you can make sure that orders from very important customers are handled with high priority, for example.

You must carry out the allocation run in the AFS system: A sales order requirement cannot be delivered until an allocation run has already released it.

0 Kudos

Just to let you guys know that the SAP F&R pages have been moved to the [SAP for Retail wiki|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/retail/is-retail]. Just check out the Table of Contents!