Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E1EDP01 segment does hv two E1EDP19 segments in ORDERS05??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our system, there is INBOUND iodc, say, 12345678 of ORDERS05 basic idoc type, there is a segment(for ITEM-POSNR) of E1EDP01............under this, there r 2 child segments of E1EDP19.

E1EDP01 is for ITEM 10........fine, and its contained the data of QUANTITY, UOM fine.

under this(E1EDP01) there r 2 child segments as E1EDP19, as,

1) E1EDP19--QUALIFIER 002, containing the MATERIAL number as 11111111 for the fileld of IDTNR

2) E1EDP19--QUALIFIER 001 containing the MATERIAL number as 22222222 for the fileld of IDTNR

so, pls. clarifyme that,

1) How its possible that, ITEM 10 does hv 2 material numbers? i mean, 2 materials?

2) wht is QUALIFIER concept?

thanq

Edited by: SAP ABAPer on Sep 25, 2008 11:24 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asik_shameem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In case of set of data(chance of having more than one) like

partner numbers( ship-to-party, sold-to-party,...),

organizational data(company code, cost center,...) ,

SAP uses single segment with a field and qualifier.

Based on the qualifiers, we have to identify the data.

For this, Material has the qualifiers whether it is a customer material or vendor material or serial number or batch number ect..

You can find out list of qualifiers in SE11-->Domain: EDI_QUALFI & In Value range Tab

Otherwise drill down your segment E1EDP19 in SE11-->TABLE, till domain level

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The qualifier enables the same segment format to be used for multiple purposes.

In the case of E1EDP19 qualifier 001 is the SAP material number and 002 is the material number used by the vendor.

Regards,

Darren

0 Kudos

thanq

almost i understood.......pls. can u elaborate................The qualifier enables the same segment format to be used for multiple purposes.

1) wht does mean of multiple purposes......example pls.

2) so, how SAP knows that, it shuld process ONLY one E1EDP19 segment(say, qualifier 002-with matnr 22222222) and other shuld ignore?

and wanna let u know that, as u said, when i posted this idoc in WE19 only 1 line is creating in VBAP with SAP 22222222 material, I did not see any line for material 11111111

3) is it possible for me to add some more E1EDP19 segments, say, qualifier 003........if so, in which transaction?

thanq

Edited by: SAP ABAPer on Sep 25, 2008 11:35 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Ofcourse u can add same segment with different qualiers till as many qualifiers are available.

for testing u can use In we19 Edit menu - insert option .

Rhea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usage of Same Segment(fields) and purpose may be different

E1EDP19 QUALF 001Material number used by customer

E1EDP19 QUALF002Material number used by supplier

Rhea.

asik_shameem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In case of set of data(chance of having more than one) like

partner numbers( ship-to-party, sold-to-party,...),

organizational data(company code, cost center,...) ,

SAP uses single segment with a field and qualifier.

Based on the qualifiers, we have to identify the data.

For this, Material has the qualifiers whether it is a customer material or vendor material or serial number or batch number ect..

You can find out list of qualifiers in SE11-->Domain: EDI_QUALFI & In Value range Tab

Otherwise drill down your segment E1EDP19 in SE11-->TABLE, till domain level