cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Release procedures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's 🐵

What are the recommendations in regrads to release procedures.

My client want to have release strategies on both PO's and PR's, however an already approved PR should not be valid for PO approval again. How can this be achived?

What are the rocemmendations on release procedures? IIs it recommendable to have release procedures on both documents?

Thanks in advance,

/Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should have Release Procedure for both PR and PO.

Since PR is an internal purchasing doc whereas PO is an external Purchasing doc which goes to vendor so it needs approval. Also if PO is created w.r.t. PR but Value and Quantity can be modified during PO creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Singh,

My problem is that the organisation will not approve the same thing twice, if there is no changes in price and quantity from the PR when the PO is created. How can this be achived?

Thanks in advance,

/Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the Client doesn't want to approve the same PR & PO twice.

You should adopt any one Release process either PR or PO.

As recomendations you should adopt the Release procedure for PO as it is a legal document. So it is better to adopt in PO.

As PR is an internal document you can check at the head of department level so that this can be avoided.

rgds

GSC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

It is mentioned very clearly by few of our friends above that technically it is possible that you can have release strategy configured both for PR and PO.

Now what you are asking is a Business Problem, If Business themselves are saying that they will not approve the same thing twice (i.e. PR and PO) and at the same time they want approval process for both purchasing documents then you need to explain them what SAP can do and it may required soime changes in the process at business end.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Your requirement cannot be ment with standard

In this try using User Exit in Release Strategy. In this first you need find the fied in PR which states the PR has been released. I do not remember the exact field but there in is an indicator PR Release Strategy as when the PR is under release the value is X and when the PR is released the value is blank. Like this you need to identify the differentiating factorin PR.

Then PO Release Strategy you need to create a characteristic (For this you can create standard User Fields in CEKKO).

Pass the values through User Exit. Your problem will be solved.

Regards

Aniket Palta

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Yes u can configure release stgy both for PR and PO as well.

Refer the SPRO settings for rlease stgy for PR and PO

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Prasanna

Award if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know I can do for both, but how to exclude already approved PR when they are converted to PO????

Thanks in advance,

/Thomas