cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interchange the debit credit G/L entry for MIRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my company, we have set the planned delivery cost as condition types for normal PO's (eg: freight in %). So during MIRO INV, the G/L entry will be debit for the accrual acc.

However, we would like to create Return PO for return materials, so we will have to credit back the planned delivery cost we have payed for the vendor (eg: freight in %). During the creation of Return PO, we cannot set the condition type as -ve (error msg: Negative delivery costs not allowed). This causes, during creation of MIRO credit memo, the acc entry wrong (still debit the accrual acc, it should be credit). We don't want the delivery cost to be put in manually. We want it to be automatic from Returned PO condition type (for security reason).

Please advice.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

In the Return PO, I have maintained the freight as +ve and activate the "Return" indicator for the PO line item, did the normal GR and as I understand, we need to choose "credit memo" in MIRO screen, not INV for Return PO.

Pls advice.

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You maintain freight % as positive only and activate "Return" indicator for the PO line item. You need not to maintain -ve % for freight.

System will take care of your requirement automatically during GR and LIV. At the time of GR, Freight Clearing will get debit and at the time of LIV, it will get credited. It will work in this fashion automatically since it is Returns PO.