Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE? control record data manipulation??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my system, I hv seen some custom code in one of the user-exit of IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS function module.........in this code, in the first block, programmer passed the CONTROL RECORD data as per his requirement(I mean, manipulated/chnaged the data of the control record), in the 2nd block, used the MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE is using to post a idoc, value 1(OUTBOUND) is passing into wa_edidc-direct parameter, fine............but, when I hv seen a IDOC posted with THIS exit(via function module MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE), I noticed that, the idoc is posting as DIRECTION as 2(INBOUND) with INBOX value in WE05..........so, pls. clarify me that,

1) Normally(According to SAP short text also tells us as Application interface to the ALE layer on outbound processing side), MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE is used to for outbound...........but, Why idocs r posting with DIRECTION 2(Inbound)?

2) Is this bcoz of as manipulation of CONTROL RECORD data, like, RCVPRN, RCVPRT, RCVPRF, cleairng the IDOC number etc.? as I mentioned,,,,,,,,,,,,in the first block, programmer passed the CONTROL RECORD data as per his requirement(I mean, manipulated/chnaged the data of the control record)

thanq

Edited by: SAP ABAPer on Sep 25, 2008 11:11 AM

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

my assumption is incorrect, so, closing