cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frieght charges to forwarder in delivery order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a issue about capturing the freight charges to forwarder in delivery order:

- the forwarder is treated as vendor, i.e. partner function is setup to maintain the forwarder in delivery order.

- a pricing procedure is created in delivery order, in which several condition types set up to represent different types of freight charge according to delivery quantity. These freight charges are expected to post to G/L account by assigning relevant account keys in ActKey and Accruals columns against the condition type.

- the forwarder will charge on monthly basis, i.e. the total charges can be consolidated thru the G/L account defined in the account keys in ActKey and Accruals columns of each condition type in the pricing procedure of the delivery order.

- the pricing procedure in the billing, as usual is reference to the sales order, to charge to the customer.

May I know the above design is workable or not, any specific configuration is further needed? Will the freight charges posted to the defined G/L accounts during the time for post goods issue performed for the delivery order?

Thanks,

J Cheung

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cheung,

Normally once PGI is done Bill is created and when goods are moved from the plant premises,the forwarder is identified so you need not combine condtion types or pass them into bill but manually enter the freight charged against the condition type.As you would have already entered the partner function (Fright forwarder) in the partner functions,the system can track the liabilty against the respective forwarders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We normally resolve this way,check if it is useful

1.Forwarder is created as a vendor and assigned in the partner functions (different Partner function) either in the sales order,delivery or bill.

2.The freight charged is manually eneterd in the bill against the relevant condition type.

No further config is required but it is advisable that you enter the Freigt in the bill as the charges are normally settled against the bill.

and the rest can be processed as you have mentioned or you can develop a report to check the amount liable to the forwarder each month.

Edited by: PJ on Sep 25, 2008 11:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean the posting of freight to specific G/L account can only be happened in the billing document? It also mean that I have to combine those condition types in both sales order and delivery order into billing document, how to achieve it in the copy control?

my requirement is: the freight charges can only be determined in the delivery order, not possible to do in sales order.

Thanks,

J Cheung