cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Server Error in BLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a query that returns more than 100000 records. Any how we have restricted the row count in query template to be 100000. This query generates result from query template.

But once we try to execute this query in BLS we get the following error "ERROR: Error executing transaction: Status (500): Internal server error".

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks,

Amrita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please try to increase your Execution Timeout parameter in Global Parameters.

Thanks

Muvva

0 Kudos

Muvva,

The Execution Timeout Gloabl is for the design time UI only and not the transaction runtime.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have deployed a custom action block in SAP xMII 11.5. The custom action block is to get the list of files in another machine(other than xMII). I am trying to execute the transaction with a single action block( ie the custom action block), but its giving me

[ERROR]: Error executing transaction Status (500) Internal server error.

What could be the reason for his error??

Thanks,

Sophila

Former Member
0 Kudos

You probably have a bug in your Action Block that is throwing some type of uncaught exception (though the BLS engine should catch it). It could be in the constructor (first place I'd check) or in the Invoke method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

We are using a try catch block in the Invoke method and in the subsequent method also. We have given an Object of Exception Class.We are tring to get the list of files in a network directory. Should any subclass exception be used? The code is working fine in Eclipse, we are able to get the list of files from a machine other than the xMII server.

Thanks,

Sophila

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suspect that the constructor or the initializer for one of your class variables is throwing an exception.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It may be a security issue. When you run Eclipse you are using your windows or aix login security. When you run it in MII, it will use the server users security, usually the system user. Make sure the network directory is mounted for the server user and access has been granted.

This may explain why it fails, but not the useless error message you are getting from your action.

FWIW in my experiance we would never get a security error message in this case but a file or directory not found error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian, the other key is "where" the error occurs. The BLS engine should catch most errors at runtime, but I suspect this error is being raised when the transaction is being loaded/parsed/deserialized.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sophila,

You really should take your comment/question to a new message. The symptoms of your problem may be similar, but your situation is enough different that it deserves a new posting.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amrita,

sounds like a quantity problem. Have you tried to reduce the rowcount to 10000 or 1000 to see when the error appears?

We experienced a similar problem when trying to generate a transaction documentation PDF for a very big transaction. After increasing the server memory (to 8GB) the error disappeared.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

We have tried executing the transaction with the row count set to 1000 and it works properly in this case. Once the row count is increased to 10000, it gives the "Internal Server Error".

Thanks,

Amrita

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amrita,

Try setting it up as a scheduled job and run it. That way it does not have the editor's administrative overhead on top of the transaction.

You may also want to take a look at the Heap size for the JVM.

And finally, could you elaborate on what kind of records you are getting from your query? And why you need to process 100000 at a time?

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amrita,

I also faced a similar problem.Please go through the thread below.

Problem Reading data from server -java.io.UTFDataFormatException

I am trying to understand why you need to fetch 100000 records from a query and also this would not provide actionable information to the user.

In case this is the business requirement then run a batch job of 1000 and this will make sure that the system is not overloaded when you run your transaction.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Raman

0 Kudos

Amrita,

Do you know at which action in the transaction the execution stops? You can break up the transaction slowly by removing actions until it works to test. This will help us to narrow down what could be the cause and how to proceed in the future.

Sam