Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass change of composite roles - by upload or?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to do mass changes to about 600 composite roles. In each composite role several single roles have to be replaced by other single roles. Is there an efficient/quick way to do this without? Or any handy programs/tools?

Regards,

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We need to do mass changes to about 600 composite roles. In each composite role several single roles have to be replaced by other single roles. Is there an efficient/quick way to do this without? Or any handy programs/tools?

Replacements may be tricky. To add single roles to composites SECATT will do nicely. Deleting specific singles from a composite is difficult because the position of the single role on the composites' role "roles" tab in PFCG may differ per role.

To replace I advise to do the following:

Download AGR_AGRS to Excel for the composites you need to edit.

Create an ecatt script to clear all singles from these composites.

Edit your download to take out all unwanted singles and add the new ones

Create an ecatt script to fill the composites again.

Last but not least, create an ecatt script to re-read the menus.

Jurjen

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Sep 25, 2008 11:06 AM

8 REPLIES 8

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We need to do mass changes to about 600 composite roles. In each composite role several single roles have to be replaced by other single roles. Is there an efficient/quick way to do this without? Or any handy programs/tools?

Replacements may be tricky. To add single roles to composites SECATT will do nicely. Deleting specific singles from a composite is difficult because the position of the single role on the composites' role "roles" tab in PFCG may differ per role.

To replace I advise to do the following:

Download AGR_AGRS to Excel for the composites you need to edit.

Create an ecatt script to clear all singles from these composites.

Edit your download to take out all unwanted singles and add the new ones

Create an ecatt script to fill the composites again.

Last but not least, create an ecatt script to re-read the menus.

Jurjen

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Sep 25, 2008 11:06 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen (we met during a SAP security course last year in Den Bosch),

Thanks for your response. I allready was thinking about this solution. It could do the job.

Deleting the single roles in a composite role with an eCATT is not a problem. But how about filling the new single roles? Some composites will get more than 100 single roles. I'll have to investigate how to switch to the next input screen. I'll check that out.

(Hmm, a program with some search and replace functionality would be a little bit fancier.)

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

> I'll have to investigate how to switch to the next input screen. I'll check that out.

No need, just always select the topmost role-entry-line on the roles tab in the composite and hit the "insert row" button. (the one with the green plus) This will always give you an empty line on the same position. Enter your new single role and save. Nothing to worry about. Works like a charm.

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Sep 25, 2008 3:44 PM

0 Kudos

Works indeed like a charm. Thanks. Problem solved!

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar problem, however the eCATT did not work for me. For the deletion the eCATT takes always the same line in the composite role. I created the field as a variable but is not working.

Could you please let me know what should I do in the eCATT in order to mass delete singles roles from a composite^

Thank you very much!!

Yolanda

0 Kudos

Yolanda, you should remove all singles so that means you must click the Select All icon, then Remove, then Save. That should give you the desired result.

0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply.

But I need to delete only one role , same one from a list of different composite role...

Example : Composite_1 contains

Single_1, single_2 and single_3

Composite_2 contains

Single_1, single_4 and single_5

and

Composite_3 contains

Single_1, single_7 and single_8

I need to delete single_1 form Composite1, composite2 and Composite 3.

Thanks for you help

0 Kudos

Funny to see an old thread in which I participated to be revived

Taking out one role from a composite is close to impossible with ECATT, because of cursor positioning issues. That is why I suggested the workaround a few years ago.

To take out one role you have to take out all the roles and afterwards put back only the ones you want to keep.

> Example : Composite_1 contains

> Single_1, single_2 and single_3

>

> Composite_2 contains

> Single_1, single_4 and single_5

> and

>

> Composite_3 contains

> Single_1, single_7 and single_8

>

> I need to delete single_1 form Composite1, composite2 and Composite 3.

Delete all singles from composite_1 and re-enter single_2 and single_3

Delete all singles from composite_2 and re-enter single_4 and single_5

Delete all singles from composite_3 and re-enter single_7 and single_8

Cheers

Jurjen

P.S. Next time, please start a new thread (you may refer or link to the old one).