Choose designed GIF buttons in BEX for BI-IP
I would like to use designed gif buttons insted of
the bex standard buttons.
I created gif buttons(for example SAVE),
and created a BEX workbook with a grid and save button.
In DESIGN MODE when I choose for the button SHAPE and my GIF button exits design mode and save the workbook
everything looks fine.
However when I exist the workbook and reopen it the gif
disappears and I get a blank standard button.
Does anyone know how to solve this issue?
Rob Bates replied
I have the same problem. there seems to be an issue with different GUI versions - I have the most recent (GUI 9, BEx 7) and the shape files are lost, however a colleague who has an old version (GUI 2, BEx 1) doesn't have the problem with the same workbook. It's also a bit worrying that the SAP help makes no reference to this area on the button definition to attach a 'Shape ' - almost as if they were going to implement some functionality but then didn't bother!
Anyway, I have tried another approach which works for me:
1. Add a blank worksheet (which you will eventually Hide when development is complete).
2. On this worksheet, create your button with planning function (or whatever you need), but do not load a shape file. Make a note of the item name generated by BEx for the button (e.g. BUTTON_12).
3. On your actual worksheet, insert your .gif as a picture item (using Excel menu option Insert -> Picture -> From File). Position the picture where you want your button to be.
4. Right-click on the picture and choose the option 'Assign macro'.
5. Find the macro associated with the button you created on the hidden sheet in the dropdown list, and assign it to the picture. For example if your hidden sheet is woorksheet 4, and the button is BUTTON_12, the macro will be Sheet4.BUTTON_12_CLICK.
You should then find that when you click the .gif (which is effectively only an Excel object), it will call the macro assigned to the hidden button, which then runs the BEx macro.
It works for me - hope it works for you!