cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pos to ecc integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

presently i am working in retail project,where i need to integrate pos to ecc6.0, so my client asked for presentation about xi,how xi will enhance his process so that he can go for implementing xi.so i want to address about the following issues

1)how xi will enhace business process

2)limitations of xi

3)what are the possible interfaces of pos to ecc

and apart from above, any main issues i need to address

so i request you to provide any links or materials it will be great help to me

regards

ramya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshagiri

1) we dont know much details about pos as far as now

2)there will no web application

3)15 stores

the problem is we need to give demonstration about xi,so what are major point we should mention in the presentation to satisfy client and limitations of xi.

regards

Ramya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can mention the following points why we shld use XI to Integrate POS with R/3

1) We can send all the Masters Data like Article Master, EAN Master, Hierarchy Master, through XI

And if we have any failure in sending the data means we can monitor all the Errors in one place.

Error analysis is Easy

2) While Receiving the data from POS like Sales data, Payment types data, Goods Movement data every day through XI to R/3 can also done through XI.

I dont think there is limitations in this Integration in perspect to your Req...

REgards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab

thanks for the answer,can you please provide any material,and what are the points that i need to tell the client about limitations of xi.

regards

ramya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

Before doing answer to your Q's, can you please reply back for my doubts....

1) On Which Application this POS is running at presently??

2) Can they Expose their Application as Webservice or not??

3) How many Stores that your client have to integrate??

Please go through this guide for better Idea

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/ck/te%2b-%2bpost-voided%2btransaction

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hav integrated R3 and POS using XI, in a indian Domestic progect. End to End implementation would start with sending data from R3 to Pos , like article data, bonusbuy data, EAN data, tax data , cross Ref data .....these all data will pass through XI from R3, for suitable logic/mapping and then stored in a FTP server. The POS system will pick it up from there!!

Again POS will generally send teh Day end sales and Tender data and send them to a specified folder in a FTP server. XI will pick it up, map it suitably as per logic and send it to R3. The transaction WPER in r3 reflects the sales and tender data, and teh idocs will be send from r3 through the transaction wpma .

Revert back if any doubts!!

Arnab

Edited by: Arnab Mondal on Sep 25, 2008 1:42 PM

Edited by: Arnab Mondal on Sep 25, 2008 1:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

The POS (Point of Sale interface) transfers POS data to the R/3 System

do chk this link it will be helpfull

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c1/375634449a11d188fe0000e8322f96/frameset.htm

Regards

Sampath