cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in MTO scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have come across one problem in MTO scenario.

When we convert planned order into Prod. order with respective to sales order then in assignment tab page of Prod. order system allows us to change sales order no. with another sales order no for same material.

We are using strategy 50 in this case. please let me know why it is allowing to do so as in MTO it should be always in display mode. In gernal data tab page it is in display mode.

Thanks in advance for your valuable input

Regards,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex

System has provided the option to change it because sometimes what happens the prod order is created for a sales order. Now because of some reason the sale order is closed and instead some other SO is suitable for that. Normally this is called as diversion from one SO to another SO. So for the new order a new sets pf production order will be created after MRP run. But in ground reality old production order is already there and in WIP stage and fullfilling the reqmt. So for one reqmt there are 2 orders. To stop this u can TECO the old one, but what abt the WIP which u cannot transfer. In such case if u change the a/c assignment to new SO and then everything has been wrt new SO now.

But u can stop this by making this field as output only through a transaction variant in SHD0.

Pls revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sounds good. But why this logic is not applicable for MTO strategies? If you use 25 eg then sales order field in assignment tab page of PO is in display mode.

Where it get trigger? I want this answer.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

The following logic comes to my mind.

For Pure MTO strategies, 20/25 the planned order itself is created for the sales order adn is frozen.

But for a hybrid strategy like 50 (its not a pure MTO strategy) the Planned order is generated based on PIR, but can be converted to Production order only on receipt of sales order. In this case the planned order is not generated for a sales order, but it becomes actionable on receipt of sales order. In this case I think it makes sense not to freeze the sales order and keep it open for change.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thnaks for your input Ashok. But if you use strategy 20 still this field is in editable mode. I would like to know how it gets trigger?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Material Master in MRP4 View Select Ind/Coll Indicator as Individula Req and then try.