cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationship between BS/ TS and SWC/Products..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know what is the relationship between Prodct/SWCV and BS/TS ?

And how this informations is used at runtime.

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Technical systems are (application systems) the technical representation of the systems that are present in the landscape. These technical systems will have the products and software component versions that are created in the software catalog installed in them.

An example of an application system is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) server.

Business Systems

1. Business systems are logical systems that communicate each other within SAP XI by sending and receiving messages. Business systems can be SAP systems or third-party systems. Depending on the associated technical system. Usually, R/3 systems.

2. Business Systems should be mandatory used when dealing with Idoc's and Proxies

An SAP system has one or more clients.

Here SAP system is Technical System and Clients represents business systems.

Software Component

Software Component and Software Component Version are objects that are showed at Integration Repository(Design) of XI, when you use the option Tools->Transfer from System Landscape Directory...->Import Software Component Versions...

They are used to encapsulate interface objects relative to the systems that they represent.

For example, suppose that in your company you have a non-SAP system called "Inforoad", used to helpdesk team registers support calls, and you need to integrate this system with the SAP Solution Manager. I will need to have a Software Component for "Inforoad" system, to build the interface objects inside namespaces created inside the SWCV(Software Component Version) - note: this was a real scenario to me ;o).

Additionally, objects belonging to SAP Solution Manager(for example, RFC Functions), may be imported inside a Software Component Version relative to Solution Manager.

As you can see, this is very useful to organize the interface objects that you need to use. Suppose that you create a single "fake" software component version and, inside it you create all interfaces objects, relative to all interfaces between all systems existing in your integration scenario...this will lead to very difficult maintenance, and posterior monitoring of interfaces build in these conditions.

So, basically, it´s a question of better organize your integration environment. There is some times when you will not create a software component version to encapsulate interface objects: when you need a interface between a real system, like SAP or even a non-SAP system, and some type of service, like an interface to send an e-mail: in this case, you will not consider the mail server as a system(do this sounds like consider an Excel Sheet as a System), so probably you will create the interface objects relative to it(data type, message type, message interface, message mapping...), inside the software component version of the sender system, in this example.

I hope this info helps you !

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana Kumar. A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies guys but i think i didnt make myself clear.

I know what is SWC,product, TS and BS but i want to know what is the relationship between Prodct/SWCV and BS/TS ?

And how this informations is used at runtime.

PS: I am really sad that people like Yugapreetha, without reading the question properly starts giving the advice to search over sdn first.

Guys please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

By using logical routing ( BS ) technical connections ie..physical connection will connect to the system for which software we defined in SLD.

SWC --> it will gives you the the details of the main ware tools

TS ---> its will explain you abt the technical connection and physcical connection

BS ---> logical routing and logical connections

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in runtime the process will run on the basis of Pipeline steps which will explains you about the technical and logical routings

go through Pipeline steps

Rgds

JOHN

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There r various thread avail on it.

use:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please put a search option before posting any questions.These qustions are already discussed in forum for amny times.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies Guys...

FYI, I have searched the SDN for the answer and when I could not get satisfy answer then only i posted this thread.

I would appreciate if alongwith givivng such comments you can give links to threads which has useful information in this regard.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why can't you search for those links

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yugapreetha,

Instead of wasting ur and mytime and te resources if you can provide the answer or let others answer...that would be great.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try and understand ...what i am asking ..then give ur comments ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Product :

A collection of all versions of a product. A product is a unit that is delivered, visible to the customer, and is installable and renewable. In an SAP environment, a product corresponds to an SAP technical component.

Software component:

A collection of all versions of a software component. Software components represent the reusable modules of a product. You can upgrade them or install patches on them.

Software component version:

A particular version of a software component.

Technical systems are application systems that are installed in your system landscape. An example of an application system is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) server.

Business System is a logical representation of a Technical System

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/63977c40b54ddfe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/31/f0ff69551e4f259fdad799a229363e/frameset.htm