Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Final Request for Clarification of Mitigating Alerts & Notifications

Hi

Firstly thank you to Tavi, Frank and Hersh. I really appreciate your speedy responses and it has shone light on this topic for me.

I'd like to summarise to ensure I have clearly understood. The mitigating controls, users, controllers and approvers are maintained in the 'Mitigation' tab.

The alerts are emails and relate to the execution of the defined mitigating controls (reports). If the controls are not executed in defined period an alert will be sent to the monitor to remind them or alert them that this activity is to be performed. The Monitor is the person assigned to run these controls reports in specified period.

The notification logs read from R3 logs and will look specifically for mitigated users. It will check to see if they run a combination of the mitigated transactions e.g. create vendor, raise invoice. If this combination of transactions occur a log will generate with relevant details. My question here is 'are notification logs sent my e mail and who is person to receive them, is it the monitor?' If not, where are they to be found. Is this a resource hungry activity and is it recommended.

Is the Monitor the only role relating to above.

Thanks so much in advance.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question