Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in reconcilation Function - Job "Reconcile roles and privileges"

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP NW 7.0 SP2 Patch 3

Roles contain Privileges

Help file says: "If you are using roles and privileges, you will need to perform a reconciliation of the roles/privileges assigned to the users in the identity store after the roles are modified. "

Job imported as described.

When I let the job run on the ID-Store, for each entry, the following error message occurs:

runFunctionsInString($FUNCTION.reconcile( MSKEY )$$) got exception

org.mozilla.javascript.NotAFunctionException: reconcile( MSKEY )

...where MSKEY is, of course, the MSKEY of the entry.

If I let run the job with the Windows-Dispatcher and as a VB-script, it produces no error; however, in the output file, there are a lot of Messages like

"!ERROR: Invalid use of Null"

Only some entries (of Type MX_PERSON) show the "Priviliege added: (...)" output. But the job does not add the Privileges assigend to the role, as it should.

So, I would suggest that one redefines the SQL-Query of the Job so that it runs only on MX_PERSONS. But then, still, in my case, it does nothing.

Has anyone better experiences with the Job?

Edited by: Thomas P. Felder on Sep 25, 2008 10:32 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas:

We ran reconciliation on a large dev environment with 70K users post patch 3 without error so perhaps it is not patch 3. I know (now at least) that if the dispatcher is running when a patch is installed it can cause quite a few problems.

-Gregg

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Due to performance issues, we switched the ID Store from an oracle db to a MS SQL Server db.

Now it works just fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The job when imported by default uses java runtime engine but the script is written in vbscript syntax so you have to change the engine or the script syntax.

When you did your select statement did you use SELECT DISTINCT. That will also cause errors. I do not narrow the entry type to MX_PERSON.

I'm installing the patch now; I will see if I get any errors.