cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Plant usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know the usage of the field Planning Plant, which is in MRP-3 view. Please throw some lights on this.

regards,

V. Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Planning plant

Key which specifically identifies the plant from which the planned independent requirements of the reference material comes from.

Use

You maintain planned independent requirements for the planning material entered here. If a sales order/customer requirement is posted for the material in question, the sales order quantity consumes the planned independent requirements of the planning material. The planning material is not actually produced itself. If is only used for planning non-variant parts and for consuming the planned independent requirements.

Note

In this planning strategy, the system uses the consumption mode maintained for the planning material to determine how many days into the future or the past consumption is to be carried out. The means that you must maintain the consumption mode for this strategy must be maintained in the material master record.

Example

The material master record 4711 contains the material 4712 as a planning material. The planning material contains the BOM with the non-variant parts. You create planned independent requirements for material 4712. When creating a sales order for material 4711, the system realizes that material 4712 is the planning material for material 4711. Then the sales order for material 4711 consumes the planned independent requirements of material 4712.

Dependencies

A valid material master record must exist for the planning material in the planning plant. The material master record of the planning material cannot contain a planning material as this procedure can only be carried out at single-level.

Further Planning Plant is used in case of following strategy groups for in house production:

60 Planning with planning material

61 Plng with plng material / project settl.

63 Planning w.plng material w/o mke-to-ord.

65 Planning variants with planning material

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tejas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still i have not got the clarity on that. I have received the replies were just copied the SAP help only.

Since i have not got the useful replies for a long time, I am closing this question as answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A plant for the planning material from which planned independent requirements come and that are used to calculate customer requirements for the assigned material.

The planning plant and production plant are used in case of the cross plant planning. Through demand management we can plan across the plants.For each material there is a planning plant and production plant or ordering plant. The planning plant procures and stores the materials independently of orders. There are also one or more ordering plants in which the materials are used for sales orders, production orders, or for other requirements.It can be contolled through the special procurement key in MRP 2 view of the material master.

Please also refer thread below for examples and how to setup planning plant.

Regards,

Ashok