Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

identifying triger point & stoping an idoc from getting generated in SD

0 Kudos

We have 2 boxes

KLE 420 ( CRM box) & KLE 430 ( SC box)

As per original business flow

1) Sales order is generated in 420 ( order type Z001, item category ZAN1 )

2) idoc is generated and message/details is transferred to 430 ( Z002, ZAN2 )

3) in 430 the delivery & shipment is created and idoc is generated and transferred back to 420 where the invoicing happens.

As per new flow

For some selected orders, the initiation(SO) and processing needs to be completed in 430 (SC) only

When I run an order cycle, a few things I need to know is

1) how do I identify for which steps in the order cycle, an idoc is being generated

2) how can I stop this Idoc from being generated ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

From my experience I have seen IDOCS triggered by O/p types that are assigned to SD documents in SAP.

If that is the case, then check the sales orders what O/p types it is triggering & which O/p is triggered by EDI.

Delete the condition records for that particular O/p which is triggered by EDI. This will make the O/p not generated.

Also remove the O/p type in the determination procedure of you dont need that O/p at all. Or in the requirment routine, specify a condition like sales org or order type for which the O/p should trigger. So basing on the condition you mentioned, system will trigger the O/p accordingly.

If IDOCS are not triggered by the O/p type, then it is trigered by an external prog. In that case, specify a condition (like above) that system should not trigger the IDOCs.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

u201C Thanks for the response.

Edited by: Devesh Naik on Nov 20, 2008 5:28 AM