cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation of Accounting Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

There is a complex requirement from my client...

Like in FI .. they want to simulate the billing documents which are passed to accounts. If the billing is passed to correct G/Ls then only they want to do the original postings.The reason is they are having som 500 materials each material is going to different G/l account. this is the 1st time they are doing the billing. In FI simulation is possible. Is there any posibbilities in SD. In the acount assignment key of materila master they have maintained. but they are not sure that they have assigned correct account aasignment group in material master,

Kindly let me know is there any posibility to check the invoice is poasted to correct g/l accounts in simulation mode

Regards

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear abhinav

I dont think there is a need to check each and every time the G/L Account whenever you generate commercial invoice. May be based on the scenario, you can check the postings like for sample sales, scrap sales, normal sales etc., Once you freeze this, the same postings will happen for rest of the documents also.

Of course, all your FI postings are based on the settings what you maintain in OBYC and VKOA. So you need to check there only with the help of your FI people.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya i know each and every time we need not check the poasting. the settings are done correctly. for the 1st time when business is doing billing and they want to check wheter it is going to correct g/l. there are some 500 materials in that 500 materilas must have to go to different g/ls... i had created account key and assigned in vkoa. but user wants to simulate the billing.he wants to check whether the materials are going to crrect g/ls so then only he will post the bill to accounts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

For Invoices please try : VOK1 - transaction.

For Goods isssue please check : OBYC but I suggest you to try : OMWB - in this t-code you will have a simulation a nd when you put a plant, id material and movement you will have a screen with everything what you need.

Best

Piotr

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no feature to simulate the accounting document. Even the account determination analysis will not help as it shows only those condition types for which system is not able to find the G/L accounts.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Never had to do this, but try the billing simulation in VF04, and when in the actual billing screen select the menu Environment - Acc. Determ. Analysis + your selection.

Let us know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kookie,

while doing billing how can we view to which G/L the particular material is hitting. i had check in the Enviotnment, account deter analysis, Revenue is in greayed out mode. i cannot view if i save the documnet only in change mode i can view. but my requirement is before posting i wanna see particular material is hitting to whchi g/l account.

how to do billing simulation if VF04?

regards

abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

C this is not the small topic which i can share.

every transaction which u run is group together in Chart of account and further it goes to accounting docs is of its relevent.

Flow:-

Mat Type- A/c cate ref- Val Class-Val Group-Transaction-Chart of a/c-Value string-A/C modifier-G/L a/c

thanks

mk