cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard login client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is it possible to set up a standard login client in the WinGui login screen?

f.e. when i open the SAP logon screen i want to have a standard (fixed) client number in the client field.

TIA!

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Hi you need to set parameter you can use RZ10 or either os editor but os editor is not recommended by SAP So plz always look for RZ10 :

login/system_client=<client_number you want to appear by default>.

Regards

Gagan Deep Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Strobel,

Please set profile parameter in your Instance profile login/system_client = XXX, here XXX= your client number which you want to display when you open SAP GUI screen.

If you want to do it for all SAP instance in a system then you need to add this parameter in Default profile.

Once you adds it save & activate it. Save will save the changes in DB & by activation parameter changes will reflect at OS level.

Also make sure you take profile backup before you do any changes to them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks all for your help! That was exactly what i've searched for

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Strobel,

I hope you've already got the solution you were looking for. set the parameter in the profile and restart SAP. this would bring the parameter effective.

Hi AC,

Changing parameters by RZ10 is recommended as it changes in Database as well as in OS level when you activate it. and also takes care if Operation mode is used.

to clarify your statement, "if done from the operating system then they won´t appear anywhere and if you modify then you could have some hidden parameters"

Its not hidden, its in OS level, and the one in DB level is a different one. So if you change anything in OS level you have to delete the existing profile from DB level (RZ10) and do a "import all active profiles from active server." then only you can see the new parameters in RZ10 SAP level too. (also, Changing parameters only from OS level will cause op-mode inconsistencies and this can be done to avoid it if someone has already done)

Thanks,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Debasis, that was what I wanted to clarify, when I said hidden I did not mentioned that it was hidden only in RZ10/RZ11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this in the DEFAULT change the parameter profile login/system_client = 123

where 123 is the desired login client.

You can either do this thru the operating system or thru tcode RZ10.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´m sorry to correct you something but changes in SAP Profiles should be only done using RZ10 / RZ11, if done from the operating system then they won´t appear anywhere and if you modify then you could have some hidden parameters.

I'm sure you know this but just wanted to clarify this so there is no suprises here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible, but you have to create a shortcut for that on youur SAP GUI.

shabeer
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can set in this parameter : login/system_client