cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get XSTRING of a pdf in WD4A in coding?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now, what I have are a form, a interface(created in WD automatically) and data in context. With the interactiveform UI element I can get a xstring with above things. But here is the question, how can I get a xstring in coding directly, which is the same as the xstring created by interactiveform ui element? Is it necessary to develop another interface?

Edited by: Yichao Sun on Sep 25, 2008 10:22 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a Context Attribute of type xString

and bind it to the PDFSource property of the interactive form.

When you use, WD submit to SAP button on the form, you will get the xstring returned by the form in the attribute bound to the pdfsource property.

Reema.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

finished

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr YinChao,,

Can you please post a solution . I'm struggling with a similiar problem.

Thankx and Regds,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Originally, I have a pdf showing in the WD view and offer users to download it. But now, it doesn't need to be show. What I want is only a pdf xstring and make it a attachment.I have all the things such as interface ,pdf form, which I used originally, I wonder how can I get the xstring with prefill data directly with as little as possible work.

Must I use the job open ...call PDF function...job close? If to do so, do I need to create a new interface or something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I generate the PDF XSTRING in background?

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by

generate the PDF XSTRING in background?

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

am myself trying for that option. Wrote some code but had some issue. Please refere to link below:

Cheers,

Santosh.