cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change date format from DD.MM.YYYY to DD-MMM-YYYY on date picker??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this possilbe to realize?

Cause we found what ever FM used('CONVERSION_EXIT_SDATE_OUTPUT'), then it finally returns the selected date according to SU01 user profile.

Detail requirement:

We have a requirement in Web Dynpro ABAP wherein we want to show the date from the date picker in u201C 10-Sep-2008u201D format and not in u201C10.09.2008u201D as it is appearing in the screenshot shown below.

Currently we have binded the context to u2018DATSu2019 type and date is appearing as u201C10.09.2008u201D when user selects from the date picker , can anybody tell me which data type I have to use to get the format in u201C10-Sep-2008u201D in the screen.

Is date format dependent on User Profile , if yes I checked SU01 transaction also but could not find the format u201CDD-MMM-YYYYu201D.

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You should always use the ABAP internal date format and it will use the user format selected in SU01. There is no option for data format as you described (DD-MMM-YYYY). If you want such a format, you would have to create a new domain and code your own conversion exits.

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I may add to Thomas reply, that even if you create your own domain + conversion exit, you won't be able to use the CALENDAR search help, since it always returns the selected date on the user profile format. You could probably use the DateNavigator instead but I didn't test it.

Check this thread in which we discussed the same topic:

Regards

Edited by: Alejandro Bindi on Sep 25, 2008 10:27 AM

Wrong thread was posted, fixed