cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build a maintenance plan with no fixed cycle ????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PM gurus,

Need to ask a question on Maintenance Plannning and Scheduling.

I have an asset that requires maintenance following a maintenance program.

The maintenance program specifies that this asset requires maintenance

service to be in the month of February, May and October for the year.

How do I map this type of maintenance program, as it has no fix cycle

of say maintenance to be done every 3 months or every 6 months.

I try using ways like using the gap between February and October

as the cycle, so that is using a cycle of every 9 months for a 365 scheduling period,

and then inserting one manual call for the month of May in between. It seems quite odd.

Is there anyway around it ? Also the manual call that I put in for May, is automatically released.

Why is that ?

Help appreciated and thanking you all in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pocoyo ford,

The typical way of do this is as follows:

- create a factory calendar with 3 working days i.e. in February, May and October

- create a strategy with DAY as the unit of measure. Then create a package of 1 DAY

- create your task list(s) and assign strategy/package

- create you maintenance plan and assign technical object/task list

- schedule maintenance plan

The plan will now create orders/notifs on the 3 dates required.

With this type of maintenance plan it is EXTREMELY important that you keep your factory calendar maintained well into the future (5 or 10 years) otherwise you will get an order created every day. We have even used a user-exit to pop-up a screen if the factory calendar is short of years.

I would strongly suggest you use the Sort Field with these types of plans so that you can run IP30 for these plans ONLY.

There are other ways to do this which require development.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the brilliant idea. Trying to test out the solution. And my first hurdle of creating

a factory calendar is still there. Currently there is already a factory calendar indicating working days,

and public holidays and was also told by MM consultant that no new calendar should exist.

And also, can one plant have many factory calendar if we have many of such asset requiring

3 or 4 different specific maintenance dates without fixed cycle ? so for each asset have to create

a factory calendar for the asset ?

Please advice. Thanks

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pocoyo ford,

I have used this method sucessfully several times before...

You should ignore your MM Consultant (what do they know about maintenance anyway!!!).

Go and go ahead and create a new factory calendar in the IMG. Give a suiatble name so that everyone knows its specifically for the PM Module.

This factory calendar is ONLY for use in PM maintenance plans.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pete. I have done a bit of scheduling but have never tried the scheduling by factory calendar.

But I know your proposed solution should work. Thanks for the solution. Its brilliant, never thought

of it that way.

Now, I just have this major hurdle of creating the factory calendar as required. I have never done factory calendar before.

Can anyone help with how to create a factory calendar, with just the 3 specified dates as the working day,

as suggested by Pete.

Thanks so much.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at TCode SCAL or SPRO --> General Settings --> Maintain Calendar

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well an alternative can be that you break your plan into number of days.

Like you can calculate that call for February will took place after 60 days and call for October let say 150days and so on.

I hope this will help you to handle your problem upto certain extant.

Regards

Iftikhar

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

iam not sure whether you can use of [Adapting the planned date individually |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/3c/abb420413911d1893d0000e8323c4f/content.htm]

kindly check

regards

thyagarajan

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

This is an odd cycle having no fixed interval. Iwould like to know is this one time maintenance? I mean to say after Oct. you don't want to do maintemnance of this asset.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai